Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

44 minutes ago, useless said:

It was the BBC that originally tweeted that Watkins had a release clause, Percy just added that to what he'd heard about us being interested in Watkins, which is understandable as normally you'd expect the BBC to only print something like that if they were sure it was true.

Ja that’s what happened. But BBC have been becoming more “THIS release clause has got Villa fans excited - massive fee for promising striker confirmed” over the last year or so. I would now take anything they say to be on par with whatever “Sky sources” have to say. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I would trust Percy with my bank account. He is that reliable. 

Hopeful that he's correct but for all his Villa contacts, they couldn't confirm this and what Man City do. Very possible there has been no contact yet or maybe they have told Villa up to now that they no intention to do so but as we know things change.

Anyway enough pessimism, hopefully he's with us next season, as keeping a core of the side is important in us having a good season (plus a bit of extra quality)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

Crisis averted, back to getting the Rashica thread to 100 pages 

Jeff Tracy says " Stand by for action"........."OK Boys thats the brief"....."Luiz is go".😀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Ja that’s what happened. But BBC have been becoming more “THIS release clause has got Villa fans excited - massive fee for promising striker confirmed” over the last year or so. I would now take anything they say to be on par with whatever “Sky sources” have to say. 

Its been way longer than a year, they've been doing clickbait for as long as anyone else has and I can't figure out why as there's no advertising 

Please god say that Percy is right, I was resigned to losing him. Think he would fit perfectly in the Man C line up and is imo better than Rodri and the other they have playing in that position. They are right stupid not to bring him back.

Together with Jack he is potentially the best player we've had in 20 years in my opinion. He is good as box to box midfielder but just absolute class as the holding mf, during the first half of the season I was going on about that he should play him as holding mf, once he got used to the league he has showed what a super player he is.

If City triggers the buy back clause I hope we counter with an offer of £15M or something to remove the buy back clause. Perhaps perhaps perhaps the City hierarchy would take that for a player who they think aren't a starter, instead of paying £25M or whatever the buy back clause is.

Regaring if he is obliged to go there if they trigger the clause, I guess that could be part of the deal that took him to us, so if he has agreed to it I guess such a clause would be legit, at least if it is limited to the length he otherwise had left on his previous contract with Man C.

• Thanks 1

Interesting those thinking Luiz wouldn't play much. Are we all forgetting Delph was actually a regular at Man. City for two seasons under Pep albeit more at LB? That was in a far stronger squad than they've currently got with David Silva moving on and likes of Fernandinho getting older.

Luiz is going to be so much better than Delph so we really need to keep him around for at least one more year as think it's crucial to the next 5 years of our development.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Interesting those thinking Luiz wouldn't play much. Are we all forgetting Delph was actually a regular at Man. City for two seasons under Pep albeit more at LB? That was in a far stronger squad than they've currently got with David Silva moving on and likes of Fernandinho getting older.

Luiz is going to be so much better than Delph so we really need to keep him around for at least one more year as think it's crucial to the next 5 years of our development.

Totally different times.

When Delph signed for Man City, they were not today's Man City.

Pep found a way to utlilise him though.

As a matter of fact, where Is Delph? (Serious question)

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Totally different times.

When Delph signed for Man City, they were not today's Man City.

Pep found a way to utlilise him though.

As a matter of fact, where Is Delph? (Serious question)

He actually didn't play that much in the first season, was constantly injured. All I remember was him getting dogs abuse at VP which was one the few high points in that dismal season.

He started 14 straight premier league games when they won the league with 100 points.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He actually didn't play that much in the first season, was constantly injured. All I remember was him getting dogs abuse at VP which was one the few high points in that dismal season.

He started 14 straight premier league games when they won the league with 100 points.

Just realised/remembered he signed for Everton.

Did he play, or was he injured again?

As I actually don't remember any mention of him.

Is there a time in which the buy back is no longer effective or is it for the rest of his play days at villa. To be honest I would just pay city off once and for all if they try coming in for him as this is the kind of thing that annoys me with these deals.

There is every chance that city buy Luiz back and Luiz doesnt play as good for them as he does for us, because of that reason and for the sake of the players career and that it could unsettle him we should keep him or be able to.

These deals,  there has to be a way for the club who brought him in the first place to keep that player after a certain time has gone by. After all hes upped his game while at Villa not at city, yet again Villa could potentially lose out on a player that should be staying with them all because a top club pulled him away from us. It's the old story of we take someone else's player from these top clubs either on loan or out of sale and we get them playing how they should and we bloody lose out in long run over it.

I tell you something I'll be so angry if City come in for him regardless of how much they offer back, hes turning out great for us just like Tammy did. I'll be even more pissed if Villa do not do everything in there power to keep Luiz even if its paying city whatever they were going to give us for Luiz. We lose Luiz we then have an heck of a job replacing him and the Owners would certainly need to put there hand in there pockets to replace him with someone as equal ability. 

I love Luiz, think he’s brilliant and will only get better and will be a lock to play CL football at some point in his career.

However the only reason we were able to sign him in the first place was due to the clause Man City inserted into the deal, without that clause we wouldn’t have got him therefore yes it would be very sad if he goes back but ultimately no deal would ever of happened. Ultimately I truly believe it was his form after the restart that kept us in the division so for that alone the deal has been great for Villa. His impact second half of the season reminds me of Tyrone last year. Really helped settle us down and the work he did in front of the back 4 helped reduce the amount of shots against us and improved us.

I pray we can keep him for years to come but regardless of what happens this will go down as good business for us.

We could effectively be paid £10m to loan a player who has helped keep us up!! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Please god say that Percy is right, I was resigned to losing him. Think he would fit perfectly in the Man C line up and is imo better than Rodri and the other they have playing in that position. They are right stupid not to bring him back.

Together with Jack he is potentially the best player we've had in 20 years in my opinion. He is good as box to box midfielder but just absolute class as the holding mf, during the first half of the season I was going on about that he should play him as holding mf, once he got used to the league he has showed what a super player he is.

If City triggers the buy back clause I hope we counter with an offer of £15M or something to remove the buy back clause. Perhaps perhaps perhaps the City hierarchy would take that for a player who they think aren't a starter, instead of paying £25M or whatever the buy back clause is.

Regaring if he is obliged to go there if they trigger the clause, I guess that could be part of the deal that took him to us, so if he has agreed to it I guess such a clause would be legit, at least if it is limited to the length he otherwise had left on his previous contract with Man C.

My understanding of how these buy back clauses work is that the player is obligated to the move as part of the original deal, a new contract from Villa wouldn't alter that fact.

At the point of signing for Villa Luiz is likely to have signed a legally binding agreement to return to City should they activate the clause.

I can't say for certain this is the case in this specific example but it is how these agreements normally work, so claims a new deal would remove the clause or that Luiz could simply refuse to return are I believe incorrect. So I wouldn't take a lot of notice of that chap on Twitter claiming to be a journalist and ITK on both Luiz and Jack, he isn't.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just realised/remembered he signed for Everton.

Did he play, or was he injured again?

As I actually don't remember any mention of him.

popped on to grand old team* to see what they thought of him, caused some internal problems at the club apparently, lots of moaning, whilst also being injured and then when playing doing the best he can to not get injured again, not even worth the £8m they paid for him

last I saw was him being linked to leeds but that was probably a bit of lazy journalism

*everton fans really don't like their team 

• Like 1

I believe the buy back option exists for 2 years. Man City don’t have to rush right now if they don’t feel they need him. They can keep monitoring him. I believe the fee they’d have to pay may go up with time, but I doubt that would be a significant factor  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I believe the buy back option exists for 2 years. Man City don’t have to rush right now if they don’t feel they need him. They can keep monitoring him. I believe the fee they’d have to pay may go up with time, but I doubt that would be a significant factor  

That's correct

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

popped on to grand old team* to see what they thought of him, caused some internal problems at the club apparently, lots of moaning, whilst also being injured and then when playing doing the best he can to not get injured again, not even worth the £8m they paid for him

last I saw was him being linked to leeds but that was probably a bit of lazy journalism

*everton fans really don't like their team 

You mean Delph has acted almost snake like? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yeah, price goes up 10m next season to 35m 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

A new contract sounds like a good move.

I wonder if that would take him past the expiration of the buy back clause?

That clause is a bloody nuisance. I have no idea what the ramifications of it are.

None that f us really do know what the ramifications of the clause really are. Other than it better a dark cloud hanging above us! Hopefully Percy is correct.

Â