Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He had a pretty 'meh' pre-covid campaign and a very good run in. BUT does anyone really think he's at the CL level already? It seems very strange to me. He still has a long way to go and most importantly show consistency. 

He's not good enough for City, he only started to show any form in the last 10 games if they do take him back his career is over before it's started. He will still make mistakes and have poor games, acceptable to us but not to Man City. 

11 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Big shame if he does go. 

Do City have any other fringe players that we could take?

Yangel Herrera plays the same position, spent the season on loan I think but would essentially be the Luiz from the start of last season who needs time to settle and get used to the league. He's got a lot of potential though.

On the work permit side of things, I think once he has it then he is free to chose where he "works". Obviuosly in football there is the matter of clubs having to agree a fee and so on.

• Like 1

Be disappointed if he goes but hard to complain about it.

I'm sure inclusion buy-back clause was non-negotiable and they've essentially paid us £10m to loan him for the year. 

Edited by penguin

I hope he stays, but I don't think him leaving would be anywhere near the disaster people are making out, for the most part last season he wasn't that great and when he showed form it was in the last ten games where because of the circumstances it's hard to judge, no guarantee he's going to keep up that form when things get back to normal and the pace and intensity return to games and every team has something to play for. With £25m we can get a decent replacement.

Half expecting him to stay and after ten or so games because he hasn't lived up to some of the hype people looking back and wishing that Man City would have given us £25m for him.

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

This is just lazy 'journalism': citeh piss poor in CL, Pep under pressure, ergo they turn to Dougie because they know there's this release clause.

The logic is terrible. Arguably, if citeh would have excelled this season, they might have been more inclined to take Dougie in a developmental move. But now? Lol! Pep will be pushing his board to spend big and to satisfy fans' demands for improvement with big signings: Sancho, Panjic, de Jong. 

Unless pep is back off to barca😉

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Be gutted if he goes but sooner or later it was gonna happen.... Maybe this is where the Weston Mckennie fits in 🤷‍♂️

I have no argument with the "Weston McKennie" part: I'd love to have him (ideally, I'd love to have him and Luiz). But what I don't see is the "the" part that suggests there is a Weston McKennie thing to speak of. Of all of the clubs I've seen linked to him (which is a lot of them, at this point), I haven't seen a single thing to suggest that we're in any way considering him.

Â