Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I think the most likely way this plays out is Man City leave him here for another season to keep developing before taking him back with their clause next season.

I can’t see why they would sell out their stake in him when it’s obviously going to plan for them, it’s not like they need the cash either. 

• Like 1

He’s crucial for us and has really taken the role of DCM so well. He’s precisely the type of player we should be trying to build from. Him and (a fit) McGinn will be crucial for so it’s imperative we hold on to both. 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

I think the most likely way this plays out is Man City leave him here for another season to keep developing before taking him back with their clause next season.

I can’t see why they would sell out their stake in him when it’s obviously going to plan for them, it’s not like they need the cash either. 

Plus, unlike us fans, they aren’t going to get a hard on over 10 games, they’ll want to see more and have the money to wait to see more.  

Likewise if Man City could sell to another club, is there really a club that are going to offer Man City enough money to sell at the moment.  Man City can’t have him in the squad at the moment because he can’t get a visa with them given the rules.  So they would have to sell him, which defeats the point if they already have a contract in place with buy back with us.

the lad isn’t going anywhere this close season.

• Like 1

Read in the Mail that this famous buy-back-clause for City actually expires next summer. Which probably makes next summer absolutely key in whether he's here for the long-term, and then becomes so good Barca come scouting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

Read in the Mail that this famous buy-back-clause for City actually expires next summer. Which probably makes next summer absolutely key in whether he's here for the long-term, and then becomes so good Barca come scouting.

Bring back Clark. Break his leg last training session of the year. Got it.

Everyone is panicking about Dougie going with City buying him back then selling him on. Surely we could come to an arrangement whereby we simply say we will give you and extra £10m to remove any clause. Dougie clearly looks like he’s enjoying it here and would also offer us some certainty on a squad next year. I can accept jack going but to lose possibly both would really set us back.

• Like 1

No pressure on City to buy him back now, if we went down maybe they would have farmed him elsewhere. He has been good for last month or so but still a bit behind Man City level 

22 hours ago, Mark_1989 said:

Everyone is panicking about Dougie going with City buying him back then selling him on. Surely we could come to an arrangement whereby we simply say we will give you and extra £10m to remove any clause. Dougie clearly looks like he’s enjoying it here and would also offer us some certainty on a squad next year. I can accept jack going but to lose possibly both would really set us back.

If City activates the clause next year it will be 35 million for Dougie. Then it expires. While Douglas is good I highly doubt he will be worth much more than 35 million by this time next year. 

I think we let it play out and negotiate if need be next year. No need to put anymore money in City's pocket on the off chance Douglas goes super saiyan next season. 

They have now or January to buy him, thats if he wants to go there. Cant see it happening. While a revelation for 10 games he was tripe the 28 games before that and man City have like Spanish teams, got options to buy back or sell on clauses on most of their players. He also isn't at the level that man City require.

I will be concerned if he continues his form and keeps the same position in the team till January.

16 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

If City activates the clause next year it will be 35 million for Dougie. Then it expires. While Douglas is good I highly doubt he will be worth much more than 35 million by this time next year. 

I think we let it play out and negotiate if need be next year. No need to put anymore money in City's pocket on the off chance Douglas goes super saiyan next season. 

What if he goes super saiyan blue?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, brummybloke said:

They have now or January to buy him, thats if he wants to go there. Cant see it happening. While a revelation for 10 games he was tripe the 28 games before that and man City have like Spanish teams, got options to buy back or sell on clauses on most of their players. He also isn't at the level that man City require.

I will be concerned if he continues his form and keeps the same position in the team till January.

He wasn't tripe though. If you know football his quality was blindingly obvious.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He wasn't tripe though. If you know football his quality was blindingly obvious.

Yeah but for those 28 games he wasnt showing it was he.  He was barely getting into this poor team and that's with Jack moved forward and McGinn injured for part of it.  Luiz has now shown what we originally brought him for, what we expected but we did not see any of that before the lockdown.  He wasnt tripe I agree but neither was any of his quality showing, he looked slightly out of his depth.  The revelation since lockdown has been a massive turnaround but again it is only 10 games and that wont be enough for Man City.  Additionally can you really say that Luiz would get close to Man City's midfield at the moment, they are astonishing and so the other question is would Man City get more for him by buy back and then resell.  The answer is most likely No and they can also leave him with us slightly longer and see if he continues growth and then make a decision before his buy back clause expires.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Â