Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

It was posted here and discussed a lot when we were initially linked with him a year ago

Still don't get the Nakamba jokes above! Thought they didn't realise he'd been playing for us for a year and only tweeted it out last week.

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Pirlo and Xabi Alonso? Nah.

They were never able to skip past players and have that drive with the ball when running forward.

Cool, thanks for sharing your wisdom. I’ll be sure to give it the attention it deserves.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think you need to give people more credit there. I bet most people can see that. And most people have heard of deep lying playmakers. However before the restart he wasn't exactly pulling up roots.

I think the “DLP” thing can be a bit misleading sometimes. It gives the impression these players are lightweights who need a bodyguard alongside them, and that their main job is to just spray passes from deep like a quarterback.

My point was you can also have a technical player as a genuine DM. Some players do it with physicality and intensity, and some do it with smart positioning and anticipation. The best obviously have both approaches in their locker to some extent.

I think Luiz is really accomplished defensively, he just does his defensive work in quite a tidy way. So yes definitely good enough to play that lone holding role when the game suits a single DM.

I definitely do see the argument for having a more physical presence there to support him in a 4-2-3-1.

I also 100% agree with your point that the post-lockdown games could be misleading. We’ll have to wait and see. But so far his progress looks very promising.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Apparently City get another £1m bonus factored in because we stayed up. 

Money well spent!

I’m hoping Luiz continues to improve next season and firmly establishes himself in the first team. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Love this pic of luiz. Love his passion

20200813_205907.jpg

Edit: quoted the wrong person. @Demitri_C

I have it as a wallpaper for my phone, it's awesome. One of my favorite Villa players in recent memory.

Screenshot_20200813-163724__01-min.thumb.jpg.32cb08365ac821b32e7511250fb0044f.jpg

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I have it as a wallpaper for my phone, it's awesome. One of my favorite Villa players in recent memory.

Screenshot_20200813-163724__01-min.thumb.jpg.32cb08365ac821b32e7511250fb0044f.jpg

Also I loved it when he scored in front of the Holte and he jumped in, Promptly got booked then did a little jig walking back to the halfway line, quality 

• Like 1

On 17/07/2019 at 17:05, A'Villan said:

This is the deal I wait in anticipation for most.

The reason being I think we would have bought ourselves a talent to rival Grealish's.

This is a player who will compliment McGinn and Grealish, allowing both to play the role they became familiar with and excelled in.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Hey, where did Taylor and Grealish go? What is this demonry? 

Â