Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

In terms of a work permit, will his full Brazilian cap this season not make it easier for him to get one, and will his appearances for us also give him more of a chance.

If we stay up, I'd like to see us offer City the money we'd need to buy out the clause.

If as rumoured they can take him back for £15m this summer, they'll know they can turn a quick profit of £10m on that easily and there's absolutely no reason for them not to do that if he can get a work permit.

I'd offer them a chunk of money to make the clause go away - if that means this summer we pay another £8-10m for Douglas Luiz then if we stay up, I reckon it'd be worth it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In terms of a work permit, will his full Brazilian cap this season not make it easier for him to get one, and will his appearances for us also give him more of a chance.

If we stay up, I'd like to see us offer City the money we'd need to buy out the clause.

If as rumoured they can take him back for £15m this summer, they'll know they can turn a quick profit of £10m on that easily and there's absolutely no reason for them not to do that if he can get a work permit.

I'd offer them a chunk of money to make the clause go away - if that means this summer we pay another £8-10m for Douglas Luiz then if we stay up, I reckon it'd be worth it.

He would need to have played 30% of Brazil's matches, which he hasn't.  It then goes on to other factors like playing in a top league (which he has), playing in the Champions League (which he hasn't) and being one of the buying club's biggest signings or highest wage, which he wouldn't be for City if they just bought him back at the release fee in his contract.  You can't discount the appeal panel just saying because he has looked so good they will allow him one anyway though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

.It then goes on to other factors like playing in a top league (which he has), playing in the Champions League (which he hasn't) and being one of the buying club's biggest signings or highest wage, which he wouldn't be for City if they just bought him back at the release fee in his contract. 

I guess for City it wouldn't matter, they'd be buying him to sell him not play him.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is where I'm kinda hoping that City go in for Grealish. We might agree with them to knock the price down a bit (5/10 mil) if they scrap the buy back clause (if it exists). IIRC Man United did the same thing with Zaha when they signed Wan-Bissaka, with a sell on clause. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, messi11 said:

Arsenal can have him for 75 Mil

We'd get £15m of that. If Arsenal want him for £75m, City will have him back for £15m and sell him on. We're not going to be able to set a price on DL.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We'd get £15m of that. If Arsenal want him for £75m, City will have him back for £15m and sell him on. We're not going to be able to set a price on DL.

would he not have problems getting a work permit under them conditions? He would have made 0 apearances for his current club?

33 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

28 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The exact terms of the clause haven’t been revealed so it’s all conjecture but we are rumoured to have paid £15m so I doubt that the buy back clause is at that figure a year later. I’d imagine the buy back would be much higher than the initial fee and would rise year on year until expiry.

Indeed, I HIGHLY doubt our clause would be this stupid.

He was looking even fitter today (you can see on insta, he really works hard on this, doing lots of recovery sessions etc). Really taking up a full box to box role. Plays defensively for the main part, but then often leading our breaks and stepping through midfield with the ball. He’ll get even better and hopefully Adds more goals to his game as well. 

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

The exact terms of the clause haven’t been revealed so it’s all conjecture but we are rumoured to have paid £15m so I doubt that the buy back clause is at that figure a year later. I’d imagine the buy back would be much higher than the initial fee and would rise year on year until expiry.

I think Dean Smith has already confirmed what you said here is true.

Dougie has been immense since the restart. Massive part in us staying up. 

Now we're still a Premier League side the only way we're going to lose him is if City decide to trigger the buy back so hopefully they don't bother. 

Â