Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

46 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I said it before lockdown he was showing immense ability but had a mistake in him because of the pace and physicality of this league. He's now got used to it and has been one the best players in the league. Carragher and Neville are starting to talk him up. It's almost as though they are lining him up for a move.

When did Carra and Nev discuss him?

Just now, Tom13 said:

When did Carra and Nev discuss him?

They've been talking him up during commentary in the various Villa games. It's how they bring attention to players their clubs might be interested in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

Well, hopefully it's media bullshit, but I've read a few times that Pep has kept a very close eye on his progress, and is keen to bring him back. Hopefully the options ahead of him means he opts for being our #1 player next season (in the PL!) instead of being on the bench for City.

Guardian match report says City should ‘obviously’ sign him. He’s getting noticed.

15 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I wouldn’t get to attached, he’s going back to City in the summer.  Fernandhio replacement all over it.

They already have Rodri.

11 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I said it before lockdown he was showing immense ability but had a mistake in him because of the pace and physicality of this league. He's now got used to it and has been one the best players in the league. Carragher and Neville are starting to talk him up. It's almost as though they are lining him up for a move.

If clubs are going to come in for Douglas Luiz then it's not going to be because they saw Carragher and Neville talk about his form on Sky Sports.  Everybody watches everybody these days, every club has a Wyscout subscription and they have people in their backroom staff who know more about every opposition player than the researchers at Sky television.  Luiz is a full Brazil international, he's looking to play in the Champions League and he's almost certainly good enough to do that already. He won't be here for long time, but the stated aim of the club from a business point of view is to buy young guys like Luiz and sell them at a profit to fund further investment in the first team.  I've got this feeling that if Man City do want him back then maybe they are happy to leave him at Villa for another season (providing we stay up) and bring him back when he's got 70+ Premier League appearances under his belt. If we have to sell but we double our money in two years then it's probably good business.  

• Like 1

Do you know what I'd do.

If it came to it city were to choose the buy back and Luiz wanted to stay, I would seriously offer city more money to back of the buy back just to keep this bloke, surely that can be done right???

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

If clubs are going to come in for Douglas Luiz then it's not going to be because they saw Carragher and Neville talk about his form on Sky Sports.  Everybody watches everybody these days, every club has a Wyscout subscription and they have people in their backroom staff who know more about every opposition player than the researchers at Sky television.  Luiz is a full Brazil international, he's looking to play in the Champions League and he's almost certainly good enough to do that already. He won't be here for long time, but the stated aim of the club from a business point of view is to buy young guys like Luiz and sell them at a profit to fund further investment in the first team.  I've got this feeling that if Man City do want him back then maybe they are happy to leave him at Villa for another season (providing we stay up) and bring him back when he's got 70+ Premier League appearances under his belt. If we have to sell but we double our money in two years then it's probably good business.  

Good player but don’t think he competes with Rodri and Fernadinho ,Gundogan in that City team yet, City buying him back this soon would hinder his development 

Â