Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Never heard his name much on commentary, it's like he was never there but we all knew he were and was solid as a rock.

I'm sure Southgate will be calling a few up from Villa after today.

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Never heard his name much on commentary, it's like he was never there but we all knew he were and was solid as a rock.

A great sign when your CB is rarely mentioned.

Re: Southgate, does he only come to Villa matches when Grealish isn't playing?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

A great sign when your CB is rarely mentioned.

Re: Southgate, does he only come to Villa matches when Grealish isn't playing?

Exactly, I dont think I heard the name Konsa once and yes it does mean exactly that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Dunno, I think Southgate will see it as too late to rock the boat, let those who played the qualifiers and got us there play in the tournament, which I can understand

But konsa and Targett don't look out of place in the squad given the injuries and form 

Konsa for me depends on if he goes a back 4 or a back 5, back 5 and maybe just maybe he sneaks in, back 4 and he doesn't 

Our back line including Emi could and possibly should be starting for England. Maybe Cash for Lampety or Trent Alexander Arnold (better attacker) but overall our back 5 could be England's back 5.

I read somewhere that Emi could qualify for England.

three lions animation GIF by Hilbrand Bos Illustrator

Come on oh waistcoated one make it happen.

7 hours ago, sne said:

Or he opts to play for Portugal and Cash opts for Poland. What a exotic back 5 we will have then.

Honestly I’d be a lot more comfortable with a fancy continental selection like this than the lads from Slough and Newham we currently have in those positions.

• Haha 1

On 27/02/2021 at 19:46, Dave-R said:

It’s a strange thing, isn’t it? Not that long ago Villa were probably the worst defensive unit in the Premier League, and many were talking of how the England teams biggest problem was that there were no stand out CBs/defenders. All of a sudden we’ve seen a season with Villa being amongst the very best of defensive units, and where players such as Mings, Konsa, Cash, Targett, Keane, Stones, Luke Shaw, WanBissaka are having superb seasons, to the point where you’re now looking at England’s options in defence and thinking there’s no shortage at all in there. Targett, in particular, must be in with a great chance at LB. Chilwell hasn’t exactly been outstanding, Targett has. Maguire has been shaky at CB this season, Stones/Mings/Konsa have been imperious. Villa could be very well represented in the England squad.

• Like 1

He reminds me of Rio. Know there was talk earlier in the season that he was getting a new deal, hopefully nothing in it not coming to light yet, hopefully his agent isnt in his ear “dont sign anything yet, x, y & z want to offer you something in the summer”

Hopefully he sees that something big is happening at Villa and he will be a key component.

He's having the best season that I've seen a Villa CB have in my time as a fan (I just missed McGrath at his peak). Laursen comes closest but I feel a lot more confident holding onto a 1 goal lead in the 90th minute than I ever have at the moment.

Â