Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

1 hour ago, weedman said:

You can't compare Konsa with Maguire, Maguire had just come back from arguably being England's best player at a major tournament, was seen as Leicesters top player and his stock was as high as ever when he was sold, Konsa has been solid for us for under a year, has no international caps, and is currently not our best or most saleable defender. His value is probably around £20m, but you add on 10 as we have loaded owners and his potential, so £30m to any buyers. 

In saying that I don't think we'll be selling him as it seems that not what we do these days so get him a new contract and move on 

I don’t think we’d sell him for 30 million. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He is worth at least double that.

I mean sure, to us, but that's £60m which would make him one of the most expensive defenders of all time. After 1 good season in a fairly average team with no international experience. He may potentially be worth that in future, if he keeps improving as he is, but not yet. 

I'm not saying we would sell him for that, we are well run and building for the future, so it would take a much bigger offer - one that we wouldn't receive - to let him go. 

Talk of £60m is madness and just shows how much Man Utd have messed with people's brains - they weren't interested in buying Jack for not much more than that last season for gods sake! 

He's worth more to us than his actual worth, no-one is likely to offer us what we'd need, so he'll stay and once he starts making England appearances we can start talking about a £60m player 

52 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we’d sell him for 30 million. 

No I don't think we would either. And we'd be right not to, he was a £12m investment that's coming good, even worst case scenario we'll make our money back so keep him developing here and see how high he can go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJay said:

Brighton were turning down 35m+ offers for Ben White who had never played in PL, Tarkowski valued at 40m+, AWB went for 50m+ and had done less than Konsa. 

Konsa is barely 23 and played over 150+ career games and only getting better. I'd say he's worth around 45/50m right now and id be tempted to cash in on him if a 50m+ offer arrived. We need to get better at selling our best assets for good money and re-investing in the next Konsa/Cash/Watkins types.

If we sold one a season it would help us re-invest and build a sustainable team

We have to hold on to our better players, and buy to replace the players we have who are not good enough to convince our better players to remain.

I think we have the owners and the money now to do that.

Don't get me wrong, I love Konsa and he's going to be a top CB for years to come but the idea of £70/80m is absolutely absurd. 

You're probably looking at £50m and even then I'm being quite ambitious. 

That being said, I'm not the slightest bit worried about Konsa leaving in the summer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Don't get me wrong, I love Konsa and he's going to be a top CB for years to come but the idea of £70/80m is absolutely absurd. 

You're probably looking at £50m and even then I'm being quite ambitious. 

That being said, I'm not the slightest bit worried about Konsa leaving in the summer. 

Well there's a difference between his perceived market value and the actual price Villa would sell him for ( hopefully ).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaJay said:

Brighton were turning down 35m+ offers for Ben White who had never played in PL, Tarkowski valued at 40m+, AWB went for 50m+ and had done less than Konsa. 

Konsa is barely 23 and played over 150+ career games and only getting better. I'd say he's worth around 45/50m right now and id be tempted to cash in on him if a 50m+ offer arrived. We need to get better at selling our best assets for good money and re-investing in the next Konsa/Cash/Watkins types.

If we sold one a season it would help us re-invest and build a sustainable team

No! You don't sell a player who is potentially your best asset in defence. Especially at a time when that players value is not far off sky rocketing on the back of further international recognition.

Imo Konsa won't be going anywhere as with all our main boys. We may lose Luiz at most but no way are we going to start selling off our first 11. It's all bs paper talk. 

1 hour ago, weedman said:

I mean sure, to us, but that's £60m which would make him one of the most expensive defenders of all time. After 1 good season in a fairly average team with no international experience. He may potentially be worth that in future, if he keeps improving as he is, but not yet. 

I'm not saying we would sell him for that, we are well run and building for the future, so it would take a much bigger offer - one that we wouldn't receive - to let him go. 

Talk of £60m is madness and just shows how much Man Utd have messed with people's brains - they weren't interested in buying Jack for not much more than that last season for gods sake! 

He's worth more to us than his actual worth, no-one is likely to offer us what we'd need, so he'll stay and once he starts making England appearances we can start talking about a £60m player 

I meant 40m 

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Oh yes sorry I forgot you're on the Villa transfer committee. Apologies.

Great contribution! 👏

Close down the site guys no commenting unless you are the guy making the decisions at the club on whatever the subject may be.

Unless there's a massive chance of policy from the owners - he signs an improved deal in the summer.

His improvement has surprised and delighted me. Looked a rabbit in the headlights at times early - but great to see him with the confidence to be barking orders about the pitch.

Â