Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

12 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

It’s a strange thing, isn’t it? Not that long ago Villa were probably the worst defensive unit in the Premier League, and many were talking of how the England teams biggest problem was that there were no stand out CBs/defenders. All of a sudden we’ve seen a season with Villa being amongst the very best of defensive units, and where players such as Mings, Konsa, Cash, Targett, Keane, Stones, Luke Shaw, WanBissaka are having superb seasons, to the point where you’re now looking at England’s options in defence and thinking there’s no shortage at all in there. Targett, in particular, must be in with a great chance at LB. Chilwell hasn’t exactly been outstanding, Targett has. Maguire has been shaky at CB this season, Stones/Mings/Konsa have been imperious. Villa could be very well represented in the England squad.

I think John Terry's influence is finally showing through....it takes time.....and Emi's presence is immeasurable.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

I’d be very surprised if he stayed and wouldn’t say no to £60 Million.

Where will he go and who can afford him. January transfer window we were the highest spenders when "bigger" clubs needed players. Only Chelsea, United and City can afford to spend at the moment 

27 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I bloody would. We have plans to be a force in this league and so need to keep the players we've developed into top players. We don't need the money. There aren't that many class centre halves around either.

I don't know why some our fans dream up acceptable sums to punt our family silver on for. The only acceptable answer to circling vultures who are where we want to be is "go **** yourself".

We're coming for them. They can buy some fringe players so we can make room.

So you keep every player until they’re not good enough? Konsa isn’t irreplaceable. There’s good players all over the place. We probably do need to make some money as well.

3 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

So you keep every player until they’re not good enough? Konsa isn’t irreplaceable. There’s good players all over the place. We probably do need to make some money as well.

How long did it take us to find defender as good as Konsa? Modern defending is shit that the big clubs are even playing dud defenders 

• Like 2

I'd sell anyone at the right price - but the right price for someone we strongly want to keep should be double the acceptable market price.

Konsa is looking like a £30m player, the minimum i'd sell him for is £60m, but £80-100m would turn my head.

No, i don't expect anyone to offer that, so he'll be here for many years to come.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How long did it take us to find defender as good as Konsa? Modern defending is shit that the big clubs are even playing dud defenders 

Terry, Chester, Tuanzebe were pretty good. Hause and Engels have had good and bad games. I maintain that there’s plenty of good players out there. Look at Fulham with Anderson and Tosin.

What dud defenders play at top teams? Maguire is much maligned by Twitter and sure they over paid but I don’t think he’s a dud. Same with Stones, people have shat on him for years but I’ve always liked him. 

5 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Terry, Chester, Tuanzebe were pretty good. Hause and Engels have had good and bad games. I maintain that there’s plenty of good players out there. Look at Fulham with Anderson and Tosin.

What dud defenders play at top teams? Maguire is much maligned by Twitter and sure they over paid but I don’t think he’s a dud. Same with Stones, people have shat on him for years but I’ve always liked him. 

Maguire, Lindelof, Matip, Pique, Lenglet, Sule, Stones until this season, Sanchez, Luiz, Dier, Rudiger for a start. 

Modern defending is crap and we probably have 2 of the best centre halves in the league 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Maguire, Lindelof, Matip, Pique, Lenglet, Sule, Stones until this season, Sanchez, Luiz, Dier, Rudiger for a start. 

Modern defending is crap and we probably have 2 of the best centre halves in the league 

I don’t watch Barca or Bayern so I can’t argue but I will argue that Spurs aren’t a top team.

Rudigers all right.

24 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

He might not be irreplaceable, then again I can't think if a better young centre half we could feasibly get.

Make money by selling players that aren't essential, higher league placings, winning cups, European competition, and inevitably then increasing interest in the club commercially. All of which require keeping your best players.

Willingly selling your best players is incredibly risky, short sighted and unsustainable if you have any ambition.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

So..........sell Grealish and Mings as well. Good plan.

And no, we don't need the money.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He might not be irreplaceable, then again I can't think if a better young centre half we could feasibly get.

Make money by selling players that aren't essential, higher league placings, winning cups, European competition, and inevitably then increasing interest in the club commercially. All of which require keeping your best players.

Willingly selling your best players is incredibly risky, short sighted and unsustainable if you have any ambition.

Well that's just not a realistic outlook. 

2 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

I’d be very surprised if he stayed and wouldn’t say no to £60 Million.

If we're trying to build something here at Villa so we can challenge in the PL and in Europe why on earth would you sell your best players?

Especially to rivals in the PL?

If we don't need the money and the player is happy why would we consider selling?

I don't see the logic in your statement.

Just now, jimmygreaves said:

If we're trying to build something here at Villa so we can challenge in the PL and in Europe why on earth would you sell your best players?

Especially to rivals in the PL?

If we don't need the money and the player is happy why would we consider selling?

I don't see the logic in your statement.

So you can reinvest the money and build a better squad to challenge higher up the league.

Losing Konsa would be a blow to the immediate strength of our squad, but only if we don't replace him with a player of similar ability. 

If he's happy and wanted to stay he'd sign a new deal.

This "we don't need the money" thing is weird. 

4 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

If he's happy and wanted to stay he'd sign a new deal.

Do we know he has rejected a contract? Might be an agreement to wait after season to not take away focus or whatever reasoning?

Until anything tells me otherwise I believe his future is here.

Â