Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Watched the game with a Blues fan . Who was absolutely raving about his recovery pace and reading of the game. Couldnt understand how he wasnt in the England squad . And this was the first time he had really watched the villa in 2 years so EK was a mystery to him. 

The contract situation is a baffling one. We need to tie this kid down to a long term deal. Give him whatever he wants. We’re talking about a top drawer defender who is only going to get better. 

How much is he worth to us on a long term deal? How much was Maguire again? 

They must be working on it behind the scenes. It’s getting a bit Grealish-esque now with how good he’s getting. I’d be very surprised if the big clubs weren’t circling in the summer.

Get it done Villa. 

• Like 2

Brilliant defending but maybe I am asking too much to ask for him to be the great finisher too, had 3 great chances in last 2 games

Though I do think the fact 2 of them he took control in the box is incredible skill and hard to teach

10 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It's probably worth stopping and thinking whether him being on £8k seems believable before trying to mock other people's opinions.

Why on earth did you think we signed him for less than the Championship's average wage with a contract ending in January anyway? It's almost like you're just making shit up and only bother correcting it if challenged.

WTF are you going on about?

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

Why would his transfer fee be reduced because of his wage?  He'll be older than the compensation age so I dont understand the connection between wage and transfer fee, am I missing something?  contract length obviously impacts fee but what wage you are on doesnt affect transfer fee.  Am I missing something?

p.s. genuine question

p.p.s. I'm not asking re whether he is 70m, 40m, 20m or 10m....just wondering why his fee would be lower connected to his salary?

Because part of a player purchase takes in to consideration the length of contract and salary they are currently on, its part of the reason clubs offer new contracts to players, firstly to offer more attractive wages which is the player incentive and secondly to stave off other clubs. Ezri on 8k a week with 2 yrs left on his contract is going to cost considerably less than Ezri on 60k a week with 4 yrs left on his contract.

56 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

WTF are you going on about?

His post is in pretty plain English, but to translate, he's asking you why you are claiming that he's on £8k, which sounds absurdly low and very unlikely, and suggesting that the fact you clearly didn't actually know when his contract ends might have some bearing on how reliable your information is about how much he's paid.

Why would anyone believe you've got the more difficult piece of information correct, when you got the easy one wrong?

7 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Because part of a player purchase takes in to consideration the length of contract and salary they are currently on, its part of the reason clubs offer new contracts to players, firstly to offer more attractive wages which is the player incentive and secondly to stave off other clubs. Ezri on 8k a week with 2 yrs left on his contract is going to cost considerably less than Ezri on 60k a week with 4 yrs left on his contract.

Ahh you are mixing two concepts which clouds the answer to my question.

The transfer fee for the player though won’t change because of his salary only because the length of his contract.  

Ezri, whether on 8k per week or 60k per week on 2 year contract, his transfer fee wouldn’t be impacted by that salary.  Going back to your example, it’s still the length of contract that overwhelmingly impacts transfer fee.

I assume your argument would be, on my example, that teams would more likely be interested at 8k a week because they could offer favourable terms and Ezri would push to leave but I would argue that this is offset by more teams then wanting him because his personal terms are lower and thus a bidding war which increases the transfer fee.  Thus more teams would be interested in Ezri at 8k per week with 2 years left than Ezri at 60k per week with 2 years left.  Overall then it nets out and will make little difference to the transfer fee.

obviously contract left makes a huge difference.  Somebody having 4yrs left compared to 2yrs puts pressure on the club.

At the end of the day we’ll both agree that we need to tie him down to a long term contract and also ensure he’s happy here.

Reminds me a log of Maguire except he is a threat in the opposition box

...also he can run, pass, is always in control,  never looks flustered or ragged and generally sails through games.

Actually,  he doesn"t remind me of Maguire at all

Â