Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Just now, YouUnastanFren said:

Because the England national team are a shower of shit managed by a charlatan perhaps? That's certainly the reason I'd prefer him to play for Portugal.

Probably that. However I do think it’s a golden generation for England players wise. It’s just a shame about the manager. 

51 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Maguire cost £80million and was an England regular, so I’d be happy with anything above £50million for him as things stand now. 

I can see him being sold as CB by nature are easier to replace than say a Jack type player. I believe he is a better player than Mings overall but I actually see Mings as being harder to replace due to what else he brings in terms of vocal leadership, off/on pitch presence. 

Leicester have shown that with the right set up selling your best players isn’t always a disaster. I have faith that Lange Purslow and Mackenzie will make the correct decision either way and have a easy made replacement in mind. 

My feelings are similar to your own, none champions league clubs must sell players when bids reach certain values for certain players in a bid to grow the club.

50 million would probably be the starting point for him in the summer should his performances continue, if not sold and it continues next season you would be adding 10 plus to that assuming he signs an updated contract.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

I want him to stay, and make the England team, along with cash and Targett.

As do we all, but if someone chucks 60 million at you, then you take it and reinvest, to make a better squad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

As do we all, but if someone chucks 60 million at you, then you take it and reinvest, to make a better squad.

Even at 60m I am not sure I would want to sell him. He is key to our defence 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Even at 60m I am not sure I would want to sell him. He is key to our defence 

You can buy 2 or 3 quality players for that, if you won’t sell someone like him for that kind of price you will never sell anyone who is a good player from your squad for tactical reasons in the transfer market which is a big mistake.

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’m sure earlier this season Dean talked about getting Ezri and Douglas Luiz on new contracts. Nothings been mentioned since. 

Assuming Man City don't activate the clause I expect Luiz to get a new contract when the summer window ends. Would be good to get Konsa on a 5 year contract. 

It's one thing to say we'd buy three players with the £60 million in theory. But I'm not sure we would, maybe a replacement for Konsa would be a 40 million pound player?

Looking at our signings we seem to be potentially looking for players in the £30-40million bracket to really push on and improve. Well that is what I expect, whether that happens we'll have to wait and see!

• Like 1

Ben White if we sell Konsa is the obvious choice for me as his replacement. Plenty of quality CB available in Europe. Don’t want him to leave but not as worried as other positions in gems of finding his replacement. 

53 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'd be very reluctant to sell him. Not just because we have a settled defence but also because he's still very young for a CB. He's gonna get even better and he's still got probably a decade left at the top level.

On top of that, for me, the continuity and team morale/spirit.

I really wouldn't want to sell any from our " Spine ".

Bringing in a top young defender to compete/ grow into the position, perhaps.

• Like 2

He’s worth £60m+ for Villa, even though he’s probably only worth £30-40m on the generally accepted transfer market - ie: what Spurs or Liverpool would pay.

Therefore virtually no chance he leaves us in the summer.  

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

My feelings are similar to your own, none champions league clubs must sell players when bids reach certain values for certain players in a bid to grow the club.

50 million would probably be the starting point for him in the summer should his performances continue, if not sold and it continues next season you would be adding 10 plus to that assuming he signs an updated contract.

Liverpool paid a then world record fee for a defender from Southampton when they signed VVD. We can and I expect will demand if he is available at least what slabhead cost.

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Liverpool paid a then world record fee for a defender from Southampton when they signed VVD. We can and I expect will demand if he is available at least what slabhead cost.

Mate you are off your rocker if you think we could get 80 million for him, Utd propper shit the bed when they brought Maguire for that much money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On top of that, for me, the continuity and team morale/spirit.

I really wouldn't want to sell any from our " Spine ".

Bringing in a top young defender to compete/ grow into the position, perhaps.

I'd only worry about selling Jack or Emi out of our current squad, the rest can go if you get a very large bid.

Lets remember though very large bids aren't a regular occurance so I don't think we need to worry about half the team running off for 300 million 😄

• Like 1

It’s all speculation as we are only at the “studying” stage . Now I’m not sure if that is before, or after the pondering or considering stages. Is it the same as monitoring? We also have “with a view” which again, I’m not sure if its before/after deliberating/debating.m stage . Time will tell. 

Â