Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

So you can reinvest the money and build a better squad to challenge higher up the league.

Losing Konsa would be a blow to the immediate strength of our squad, but only if we don't replace him with a player of similar ability. 

So, you've just allowed one of our rivals to get better whilst gambling we can find equal or better replacements for less money?

26 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

So, you've just allowed one of our rivals to get better whilst gambling we can find equal or better replacements for less money?

Why would someone buy Konsa if there is an equal or better replacement out there for less money? Surely they would just buy that fella???

"Oh but he might develop to be as good as Konsa", well he might, but then we are weaker whilst he does. 

You do not progress by selling your better players. You progress by selling the worse ones and buying/developing better ones to take their places. Occasionally you get a superstar that you can sell for mega money and strengthen the squad, but those are few and far between, and we don't seem to want to sell our tiny shinpad embracing hero.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrSmirch said:

So you can reinvest the money and build a better squad to challenge higher up the league.

Losing Konsa would be a blow to the immediate strength of our squad, but only if we don't replace him with a player of similar ability. 

If he's happy and wanted to stay he'd sign a new deal.

This "we don't need the money" thing is weird. 

Selling players without an adequate replacement isn't weird, it's stupid. Why sell Konsa until someone in the squad is pushing him to start? Makes no sense. He's still got a lot of growth and I'd nowhere near the finished article. Therefore we'd be mugs to sell him before he reaches his ceiling ability wise. Your just losing money. Not even had an international appearance yet. Nobody is paying 60m for him. 

2 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

Expecting to get into Europe with this squad and not selling anyone good is not realistic.

This makes no sense to me. We're currently on course for a European place anyway and don't have to sell anybody. I would say expecting to progress while selling your best players is making a rod for your back. If you don't need the money, and we don't, why do it?

I haven't heard one good argument for possibly selling Konsa. And for 60m? when a rocket polisher like Maguire went for way more? Nah.

Maybe you don't agree that Konsa is going to be one of the elite centre halves? Fair enough.

I bet he is though.

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

My personal belief is that konsa and mings are greater than the sum of their parts . They fit together perfectly. Mings talking and heading ability together with Konsas positioning,  calmness under pressure and deceptive speed . If you were to work out the perfect centre half partnership on paper then this is what you would be looking for. I think both are top class but they rise above as a partnership.

I think you are most certainly bang on.

Its balance, once again, both players having contributory attributes.

They say who is the best.....its like saying what is the best colour red or blue?.......They are both good at what they do best.

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

My personal belief is that konsa and mings are greater than the sum of their parts . They fit together perfectly. Mings talking and heading ability together with Konsas positioning,  calmness under pressure and deceptive speed . If you were to work out the perfect centre half partnership on paper then this is what you would be looking for. I think both are top class but they rise above as a partnership.

100% agree. Some people have gotten too hung up on one being better than the other etc, the reality is that you don't have the defensive record we have this season with any of these players being a "liability". They've each performed brilliantly but as you say it's more so about how perfectly balanced the backline has been above all else.

7 hours ago, Indigo said:

100% agree. Some people have gotten too hung up on one being better than the other etc, the reality is that you don't have the defensive record we have this season with any of these players being a "liability". They've each performed brilliantly but as you say it's more so about how perfectly balanced the backline has been above all else.

I think thats because some people really dont like Mings and his personal and political beliefs. Both are good defenders and go really well together

• Like 3

23 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Konsa was imperious at times last night, some of his touches to keep the ball from oncoming attackers were unreal.

Can see us fighting to keep him in the summer and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a big bid come in (£40M+)

He's on a pittance in real terms with 18 months on his contract, we'd be lucky to see 15mil for him, when I agree he's a 40mil player.

• Confused 1

On 02/03/2021 at 08:16, OxfordVillan said:

It’s a strange thing, isn’t it? Not that long ago Villa were probably the worst defensive unit in the Premier League, and many were talking of how the England teams biggest problem was that there were no stand out CBs/defenders. All of a sudden we’ve seen a season with Villa being amongst the very best of defensive units, and where players such as Mings, Konsa, Cash, Targett, Keane, Stones, Luke Shaw, WanBissaka are having superb seasons, to the point where you’re now looking at England’s options in defence and thinking there’s no shortage at all in there. Targett, in particular, must be in with a great chance at LB. Chilwell hasn’t exactly been outstanding, Targett has. Maguire has been shaky at CB this season, Stones/Mings/Konsa have been imperious. Villa could be very well represented in the England squad.

I agree, Target has been excellent, very rarely puts a foot wrong now and hes a very good advancing player who will gain your team yards under a great deal of stress from pressing opponents. Hes become a very clever player on the ball. I also think when he wants to hes got a deadly cross although as of late along with many our players they seem to not be able to find our players amongst a defence full of opposition. 

I think Target,Mings, Grealish and Watkins if he gets in would all benefit Villa more having to learn how to play against different opponents more at an international level. Watkins probably wont make it but I think he needs abit of international game time, hes young still and if he could find his feet at that level then England and Villa could have one serious ace on there hands.

I read something in an article about Watkins and how they said despite him reaching double figures he doesnt have that cutting edge. Maybe abit of international can aid that but at same time that doesnt tell Watkins story at Villa as weve found it difficult at time to service him, some may disagree but from seeing games Watkins has proved the more he gets laid to him the more Watkins will score, some games hes maybe had two or three chances, must be frustrating. 

Konsa i personally feel would excel without any problems, that lad seems to of come on leaps and bounds and still do not think hes been dribbled past yet as he?? Would he make a record perhaps if he kept that intact come season end??

Mings is a very good CB, Left footed as well and lately he seems to of put an end to the silly antics, and I've not noticed the mistakes he was prone to making before. With Mings you get a bloke who sorts messes out and covers for others and is there for his own Job.

Grealish is a must, if southgate does deny him international football then he needs sacking, questions would be raised big time if england fail and Grealish wasnt included. Jack now needs international level experience so he can be even more deadly for us, I'll go bonkers if SG plays the DIK move on our boy..

20 hours ago, zab6359 said:

He's on a pittance in real terms with 18 months on his contract, we'd be lucky to see 15mil for him, when I agree he's a 40mil player.

Firstly he's not a £40m player, he's probably £60/70/80m if you try and place him on quality in the market.

This summer he'll have two years left, not 18 months. We may have a clause for an extra year on that as well.

We won't be forced into selling him for £15m until at least January 2022.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Firstly he's not a £40m player, he's probably £60/70/80m if you try and place him on quality in the market.

This summer he'll have two years left, not 18 months. We may have a clause for an extra year on that as well.

We won't be forced into selling him for £15m until at least January 2022.

Correct he will have 2 yrs left come the summer my mistake. He's currently on 8K a week which really reduces his potential transfer fee so unless we give him a much improved contract (which I really hope we do) he could potentially leave for about 15mil. transfermarkt has him valued at €12.00m which probably isn't to far off the mark but some bloke on the internet reckons £60/70/80m 🤦‍♂️he's really not after one good season!  Jesus only on VT that is just so laughable!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Correct he will have 2 yrs left come the summer my mistake. He's currently on 8K a week which really reduces his potential transfer fee so unless we give him a much improved contract (which I really hope we do) he could potentially leave for about 15mil. transfermarkt has him valued at €12.00m which probably isn't to far off the mark but some bloke on the internet reckons £60/70/80m 🤦‍♂️he's really not after one good season!  Jesus only on VT that is just so laughable!

Footy is broken mate, and I didn't do it.

One incredible three months has more effect on his price than his salary. You're pricing him like an accountant instead of a football team.

If his agent only got him £8k a week from a £12m move to a billionaire-owned PL side then he wants shooting. Be stunned if he's on less than £20k at this point.

It's probably worth stopping and thinking whether him being on £8k seems believable before trying to mock other people's opinions.

Why on earth did you think we signed him for less than the Championship's average wage with a contract ending in January anyway? It's almost like you're just making shit up and only bother correcting it if challenged.

Why would his transfer fee be reduced because of his wage?  He'll be older than the compensation age so I dont understand the connection between wage and transfer fee, am I missing something?  contract length obviously impacts fee but what wage you are on doesnt affect transfer fee.  Am I missing something?

p.s. genuine question

p.p.s. I'm not asking re whether he is 70m, 40m, 20m or 10m....just wondering why his fee would be lower connected to his salary?

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Â