Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think the days of paying 60-70 miilion for a cb are gone. 

I can almost guarantee you that's incorrect. In fact I think you will see it already next window. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

I think one of our big hitters will leave this summer.

Be it Jack, Ming's, Martinez, Konsa ....

We now have a solid base and think the first 11 could survive losing Ming's or Konsa ......the other two are pretty much irreplaceable.

31 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think one of our big hitters will leave this summer.

Be it Jack, Ming's, Martinez, Konsa ....

We now have a solid base and think the first 11 could survive losing Ming's or Konsa ......the other two are pretty much irreplaceable.

mcginn...

hard to put a price on what he offers the dressing room but if someone came in around £30m+ for him then we would let him go IMO, we would be mad to sell anyone from our defence, we let it develop further, buy some youngsters to support it but its been excellent this season, record breaking

as for the konsa england cap stuff, he deserves the chance, along with tarkowski, keane, coady etc he's at that level, but southgate will go stones and maguire first, then gomez if hes fit (despite being shit and injured all season) then mings with his left foot, then walker and probably dier...it wont be easy, theres a lot of shit in front of him but they're stalwarts of the england set up, eric dier 45 caps, **** me

im hoping this portugal cap business is his agent using the media for some good, he's an english boy i dont see him playing for portugal even if they have an opening in his position, might force southgates hand

49 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

It's his value to us. Just like slabheads value to Leicester. WE dictate his price.

This! I don’t understand why people say “he isn’t worth that much”. The amount he is worth is the amount we are willing to let him leave for, and as an unwilling seller with a player under contract we hold the ace cards in this game.

Hopefully we stick an extremely high price on him. We don’t want to have to rebuild a defence that is starting to gel and look strong after a tough season last year.

• Like 1

Everyone quoting 60-70-80 million for Ezri are way ahead of themselves I think.

He's got a relatively small contract IIRC, so I don't imagine his fee would be that much. Best thing we could do is tie him down to a better contract.

• Like 4

I wouldn't like to guess what his value currently is and in truth if big clubs are after him they'll likely have to pay over it anyway. That's how fees for players like McGuire and Van Dijk got so silly.

I'm more concerned right now with how the speculation might affect him, we'll find out in his next few performances I'm sure.

It's really no surprise that supposed big teams are beginning to look at our players, it's what happens when you start doing well, we have one of the better defences in the league and he's a big part of it.

21 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I wouldn't like to guess what his value currently is and in truth if big clubs are after him they'll likely have to pay over it anyway. That's how fees for players like McGuire and Van Dijk got so silly.

I'm more concerned right now with how the speculation might affect him, we'll find out in his next few performances I'm sure.

It's really no surprise that supposed big teams are beginning to look at our players, it's what happens when you start doing well, we have one of the better defences in the league and he's a big part of it.

Van Dijk and Maguire shouldn't be compared one is just a good centre back and the other is arguably the best in the world and a ball playing centre back.

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

Really hope he signs a new contract. I’m sure discussions are going on behind the scenes. Let’s not forget Konsa must feel very valued by Deano considering he has signed him twice. Says a lot. 

You would think so, he has risen under him, guided him well.

I would think a massive club, contract and the cashe of signing for a big fee would turn most players heads though.

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Van Dijk and Maguire shouldn't be compared one is just a good centre back and the other is arguably the best in the world and a ball playing centre back.

I was merely using their names as an example of players in the same position who have been sold for above their market value, in no way did I compare their respective footballing abilities.

• Like 1

Â