Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

30 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I was merely using their names as an example of players in the same position who have been sold for above their market value, in no way did I compare their respective footballing abilities.

My point was one persons value was justified 

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

My point was one persons value was justified 

In hindsight perhaps, not sure many said it was justified at the time, in fact I remember a lot of pant wetting over such a high fee for a defender. They absolutely smashed the world record fee paid for a center half, for some guy who'd been good for Celtic, had one decent season for Southampton and a dozen caps for Holland. Now don't get me wrong, it's worked out to be a very savvy bit of business, he's probably the best defender in the world, but make no mistake they paid well over his market value at the time, which was my point.

It's those kinds of transfers that drive the fee's up, you pay over somebodies value, then it becomes their value. So when Man Utd came to pursue Maguire, Leicester rightly point to the Van Dijk fee as that's how much it costs to take a decent teams best center half, played a bit of hardball and got a little more. That one transfer worked out and the other didn't is by the by really.  Both were well over the players market value and both distort the market price for players in that position going forward.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ill be honest in terms of value konsa has been smiths best signing 

We paid what 12m for him? He has been absolutely outstanding 

I would disagree and say Martinez wins it but a short margin, I do agree though that Konsa has worked out as a very good bit if business.

Konsa to Liverpool ain’t gonna happen. At best he’d be third choice next season when their injuries clear up.

Spurs is more likely but Levy would only offer players plus cash deal which Smith would laugh at.

Konsa is first choice at Villa with the team improving so he’ll sign another contract.

• Like 1

A sense of hysteria has crept into the thread in the last couple of pages it seems.

I think some are still under the impression we're being ran by Doug or Lerner.

We know under these owners that anyone that comes sniffing for our top players; 1) They're not going to be sold easily and 2) It will take a pretty penny to convince these owners to even acknowledge any interest.

The only players I see leaving will be the ones we deem surplus in our progression; Heaton, Taylor, Elmo, Hause, Engels, Davis etc.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Everyone quoting 60-70-80 million for Ezri are way ahead of themselves I think.

He's got a relatively small contract IIRC, so I don't imagine his fee would be that much. Best thing we could do is tie him down to a better contract.

Transfermarkt says his contract is to summer 2023, however it also states we have a 1 year option.

Not sure if true.

Regardless, we defo need to tie him down to a new 5 year contract if possible.

38 minutes ago, striker said:

Konsa to Liverpool ain’t gonna happen. At best he’d be third choice next season when their injuries clear up.

Spurs is more likely but Levy would only offer players plus cash deal which Smith would laugh at.

Konsa is first choice at Villa with the team improving so he’ll sign another contract.

I'd take Deli Ali and a fistful of cash :D

You can't compare Konsa with Maguire, Maguire had just come back from arguably being England's best player at a major tournament, was seen as Leicesters top player and his stock was as high as ever when he was sold, Konsa has been solid for us for under a year, has no international caps, and is currently not our best or most saleable defender. His value is probably around £20m, but you add on 10 as we have loaded owners and his potential, so £30m to any buyers. 

In saying that I don't think we'll be selling him as it seems that not what we do these days so get him a new contract and move on 

10 minutes ago, weedman said:

and is currently not our best or most saleable defender

He definitely is both. 

11 minutes ago, weedman said:

His value is probably around £20m

His value was that at the time we bought him from Brentford. Only cost less because of a release clause.

11 minutes ago, weedman said:

£30m to any buyers. 

I'm not saying he's untouchable or he wouldn't be sold, but 30m isn't enough for him. Wouldn't be able to find a replacement for a similar fee. Tarkowski, Ben White, etc. cost more. 

1 hour ago, striker said:

I'd loathe to sell him to Spurs...

**** hate Levy... Their entitled bag of word removed fans... Every single one of their players...
I refuse to celebrate England goals scored by Spurs players...
I dont regard them as a club or the organisms that represent them as humans...

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Van Dijk and Maguire shouldn't be compared one is just a good centre back and the other is arguably the best in the world and a ball playing centre back.

Zatman wont agree 😀 but Vvd has been the best for two seasons and Konsa has had half of a good season in the Premier League and can't be compared. 

I think this summer is going to be the first real test of how committed players are to this project. We could survive losing Konsa or Mings, but one player forcing their way out could set a vibe we'd be better off avoiding, I'd try to keep them both, Martinez and Grealish at all costs.

Brighton were turning down 35m+ offers for Ben White who had never played in PL, Tarkowski valued at 40m+, AWB went for 50m+ and had done less than Konsa. 

Konsa is barely 23 and played over 150+ career games and only getting better. I'd say he's worth around 45/50m right now and id be tempted to cash in on him if a 50m+ offer arrived. We need to get better at selling our best assets for good money and re-investing in the next Konsa/Cash/Watkins types.

If we sold one a season it would help us re-invest and build a sustainable team

1 hour ago, weedman said:

You can't compare Konsa with Maguire, Maguire had just come back from arguably being England's best player at a major tournament, was seen as Leicesters top player and his stock was as high as ever when he was sold, Konsa has been solid for us for under a year, has no international caps, and is currently not our best or most saleable defender. His value is probably around £20m, but you add on 10 as we have loaded owners and his potential, so £30m to any buyers. 

In saying that I don't think we'll be selling him as it seems that not what we do these days so get him a new contract and move on 

He is worth at least double that.

Â