Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Can't say I've seen that much of him outside of his games against us, where he seemed decent outside of when Kodjia tore him apart for the first equaliser at Villa Park. Is quite highly thought of though, his style of play is in our wheelhouse and he has worked with Smith previously, so it's a signing that would tick a few encouraging boxes.

I personally get the impression that Chester might be a member of the playing staff in name only and won't feature much if at all for us again due to this injury. With that in mind I still wouldn't mind another CB signing in the mould of Cahill on a short term deal on top of Konsa were it to happen as it'd offer us a decent bit of balance in that area (plus a reported £12m for both would represent good value given how much we'll still probably have to spend in other remaining positions).

Edited by Indigo

3 hours ago, villadodo said:

I have a slight concern when it comes to Brentford players. Mainly because if Mepham, Konsa, Henry, Maupay, Benrahma and Watkins are all as good as we've been told then why the hell did they finish 11th? Also why do their players rarely go on to hit the same heights when they leave Brentford? Maybe its because they seem to buy these players for about £500k from nowhere when they actually perform well they get a bit overhyped?

Brentford are a club which is run like a business trying to turn a profit vs a football club trying to get promoted.  They're punching well above their weight right now, but when you're gambling on a bunch of unknown tryers and every offseason end up selling the ones who were the best performers, then not reinvesting the funds into more quality, it gets hard to progress up the table.  Because they aren't reinvesting most of their profits into more players, they're essentially gambling on progression every season.  Moneyball only gets you so far, when you have a small budget.  It's going to take some luck for them to get promoted without spending more in the transfer market.  Bournemouth sold players during their meteoric rise, but reinvested the funds into the next level up of targets and held on to their key players when there weren't great replacements available.  Brentford, on the other hand, seem content to be a Championship mid-table feeder club for bottom-half Premier League teams.  

2 hours ago, tyklip said:

And if you watch that highlight video, were it not for distinguishing features, it would be *very* easy to confuse them. It was uncanny how similarly they look in how they play. (Mind you, it's just a highlight video).

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Isn't the chick in the video blind. She can't be looking for anything. So insensitive from Lionel

Then he starts rattling on about all the things he can see. Prat. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ma is looking to move a CB to DM before they've even kicked a ball for the club. 

Isn't that one of your 'things'?

Oh. Sorry I hadn’t kept up with the thread. 

Yes it is one of my things. 

Not to say it can never happen. But usually a player has got good in a position because they’re good in that position and VT has a habit of trying to move people around. 

If we want a DM then we’ll buy a DM

11 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I think what needs to happen is sign Konsa and Phillips but then swap their positions. I’ve seen Phillips can drop in to CB at Leeds and Konsa looks able to play CDM, mix it up. Why the hell not?! 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d26dc10394e4a4e67

How about a rushback goalie? 

6 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Hmm just seeing this was ‘suggested’ as a transfer we should be looking at on Vital Villa two days ago... I wonder if the press have actually just picked it up from that and there’s nothing actually in it...

Tbf, Konsa was suggested on VT weeks ago. I don’t think this is exactly one of those random, far-fetched foreign names that people mention and the press decide to pinch. Konsa is a fairly known player (in the Championship, at least).

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ma is looking to move a CB to DM before they've even kicked a ball for the club. 

Isn't that one of your 'things'?

Ah the old reverse Gareth Southgate.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I'm more keen to move Wesley back to replace Steer.

Too tall. We’ve been over this in the Butland thread, GKs are either too tall or too short.

and Tommy Elphick is 4’6”

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 1

Â