Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

17 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Anyone think he got him cheaper than £12m with the 'undisclosed' fee? Understand they are normally always undisclosed nowadays but would have thought less likely when it's a well-known clause

No, the £12 million release clause is exactly what you paid, no more, no less, but there could be "undisclosed" sell on clause, only the clubs will know what that was, if there was one?

34 minutes ago, jonjon said:

No, the £12 million release clause is exactly what you paid, no more, no less, but there could be "undisclosed" sell on clause, only the clubs will know what that was, if there was one?

I've never known a minimum fee release clause to include any kind of sell on fee clause. Do you know of any examples where it has?

As I understand it once an offer reaches the minimum fee in the clause the selling club no longer has any say in clauses etc. of the deal, so it would of had to of been agreed with Konsa and his agent when he signed for you, and then we'd of had to of agreed to it when our bid was accepted.

You may be right I just can't recall it ever happening before so it may be a unique deal if it is the case.  

• Like 3

Personally I think this is a great signing, konsa for 12m or Webster for 30m, no competition I'm afraid with how prudent we need to be.

Especially due to the fact we can't be too stupid with the cost of purchases.

Edited by MaVilla

I just read that he was born and raised in North-East London and is a Spurs fan. Well he might make his debut against them! I imagine it feels a bit weird for a player when they play against the team they support as a fan. 🤔

Edited by robby b

Â