Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Looking at his stats and his skillset, he's Axle Tuanzebe. Which would make him the signing of the summer if he can be that good. 

Yeah, but can I sing lip up fatty to cheer him on?

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Backup hopefully. 

Yep, deffo one for the future.

Some of the hyperbole surrounding him is amazing though.

Could it sadly be bye bye to Chester by the time the window closes maybe?

Clever signing though.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Some of the hyperbole surrounding him is amazing though.

Has more clean sheets for Brentford than Baresi , Maldini and Costacurta combined. 

The stats don't lie. This kid is special.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Has more clean sheets for Brentford than Baresi , Maldini and Costacurta combined. 

The stats don't lie. This kid is special.

I accept that and I can only really know what he is like when we've seen him a few times. 

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I accept that and I can only really know what he is like when we've seen him a few times. 

I've watched hundreds of seconds of Konsa's games .

Imagine if Paul McGrath and Nii Lamptey had a baby .  

• Haha 1

He looks strikingly similar to Axel in his playing style, size, strengths and weaknesses ans is statiscally very similar too. Not sure if it counts for much be he starts ahead of him for the U21s so for £12m in the current market, it seems a good deal. My main concern with Axel was always his durability as he's missed large chunks of both seasons with us due to injury.

If you look at a lot of the best Premier League forwards (Aguero, Salah, Mane, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Vardy etc) then a lot of them a very quick players so having someone with qualities like Konza alongside Mings who's a beast in the air could work quite well for us. Hopefully Terry can coach him on some of the areas he struggles with and who better to teach him? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BOF said:

You would think it puts a fairly significant nail in the Tuanzebe loan coffin too, albeit maybe not a final nail.

Taking off my Axel goggles for a moment.

I agree it certainly strikes one more in there for sure. We have obviously been asking the question as it has made Man Utd come out releasing a statement stating they won't be rushed into making descisions on their players. A loan deal is still echoing around but I will be totally amazed if we agree without any clause in their, it totally goes against what Purslow has said.

So a number of scenarios here, we are not risking waiting for Man Utd and being buggered so it makes sense to get Konsa in - as it stands we now start our season with 4 CBs. Great stuff.

If a situation does arise with Tuanzebe that he did return towards the end of the window on loan and HE did have a clause too, then maybe DS would offload Chester perhaps and Konsa slots in as backup along with Hause?

Lots of scenarios still could unfold no doubt, but for now it is great we have acted quickly and got this over the line. We are starting with 4 CB's regardless which is great. Now let's focus on those other areas of the team.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Looking at his stats and his skillset, he's Axle Tuanzebe. Which would make him the signing of the summer if he can be that good. 

Hmm stats remarkably similar. Also Konso 1cm taller and 2kg heavier and born 3 weeks earlier

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Haha 1

I'm happy with the signing and hope he does well. Has played a huge amount of football for a 21 year old at a decent standard. Could be worth a fortune in 2 years time or be our centre back for the next 10 years. Think he might turn out to be a rotation option for now particularly if we can bring back Tuanzebe on loan.

I have a slight concern when it comes to Brentford players. Mainly because if Mepham, Konsa, Henry, Maupay, Benrahma and Watkins are all as good as we've been told then why the hell did they finish 11th? Also why do their players rarely go on to hit the same heights when they leave Brentford? Maybe its because they seem to buy these players for about £500k from nowhere when they actually perform well they get a bit overhyped?

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Hmm stats remarkably similar. Also Konso 1cm taller and 2kg heavier and born 3 weeks earlier

I heard he's 4" longer in the showers too. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

We always get the older option with less resale value don’t we, can’t help ourselves 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

And if you watch that highlight video, were it not for distinguishing features, it would be *very* easy to confuse them. It was uncanny how similarly they look in how they play. (Mind you, it's just a highlight video).

Either way if he signs this will mean a 400% increase in recognised central defenders over what we had in the squad at the end of last summer window

Edited by Ponky

Hmm just seeing this was ‘suggested’ as a transfer we should be looking at on Vital Villa two days ago... I wonder if the press have actually just picked it up from that and there’s nothing actually in it...

2 hours ago, villadodo said:

I'm happy with the signing and hope he does well. Has played a huge amount of football for a 21 year old at a decent standard. Could be worth a fortune in 2 years time or be our centre back for the next 10 years. Think he might turn out to be a rotation option for now particularly if we can bring back Tuanzebe on loan.

I have a slight concern when it comes to Brentford players. Mainly because if Mepham, Konsa, Henry, Maupay, Benrahma and Watkins are all as good as we've been told then why the hell did they finish 11th? Also why do their players rarely go on to hit the same heights when they leave Brentford? Maybe its because they seem to buy these players for about £500k from nowhere when they actually perform well they get a bit overhyped?

Thats my doubt too, but to be honest when you put Benrahma, Maupay and Konsa as the main qualities with others as a gap fillers then that would make sense.

When you look at our players last season: 

We had: Mings, Tuanzebe, McGin, Elghazi, Grealish and Abraham. All of them which we consider as PL quality, which are double the number of Brentford main players. Ofcourse don't forget the first 10-11 games they played when DS left them. That definitely affected them.

2 hours ago, villadodo said:

Think what may answer your question is if Smith had of stayed with Brentford, then they would of certainly challenged good for promotion. Smith and his squad were about ready for it, then Smith left for us and it's one of them we will never truly know but Smith having done what he did here, it wouldn't of surprised me if they'd of been in a play off place last season.

Â