Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

No, the £12 million release clause is exactly what you paid, no more, no less, but there could be "undisclosed" sell on clause, only the clubs will know what that was, if there was one?

Not sure why we'd add a sell on clause if we met the clause though as would just be giving money away.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not sure why we'd add a sell on clause if we met the clause though as would just be giving money away.

Exactly. It wasnt a negotiation, no more than a compulsory purchase is.

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I just hope our fans are patient, and don't write him off if he has a stinker on his debut. Remember Hause. Even more, remember Ugo. 

Indeed I do, what a defender.  Legend.

13 hours ago, villadodo said:

I'm happy with the signing and hope he does well. Has played a huge amount of football for a 21 year old at a decent standard. Could be worth a fortune in 2 years time or be our centre back for the next 10 years. Think he might turn out to be a rotation option for now particularly if we can bring back Tuanzebe on loan.

I have a slight concern when it comes to Brentford players. Mainly because if Mepham, Konsa, Henry, Maupay, Benrahma and Watkins are all as good as we've been told then why the hell did they finish 11th? Also why do their players rarely go on to hit the same heights when they leave Brentford? Maybe its because they seem to buy these players for about £500k from nowhere when they actually perform well they get a bit overhyped?

When they played us off the park at their place...I was like...how the hell are they 18th?

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I just hope our fans are patient, and don't write him off if he has a stinker on his debut. Remember Hause. Even more, remember Ugo. 

we can and we will...we'll be coming away from spurs' ground saying how dogshit he is when he's responsible for 2 goals and can't believe we paid 12m for him. but we'll love him to bits and sing his name when he becomes good. it's what we do best.

21 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Helped him not playing f’ing RB too!

It does boggle the mind that Bruce played Axel at RB tbh.

What the hell was he thinking, especially when we were so short in CD.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Brentford fans reaction to this sale surprised me at first until I remembered that they're conditioned to selling their good players.

I have this image of their fans rushing off to check their bank balances, because they react excitedly as though it was their own money.

If it was me and we'd sold a key young prospect I'd be really upset, but that highlights the difference in stature and ambition between the two clubs.

Congratulations to Brentford for their successful money ball machine, but if I were a fan of the Bees I would be frustrated rather than ecstatic when a real prospect was sold, even though I knew the policy driving it.

I think they realise that without a sugar daddy it's the only way to progress. There will be a time soon if they continue to be as successful as they have been in turning a profit on players where they will be able to spend big one summer and kick on for promotion. 

They are extremely well run and do things the right way on and off the pitch.

• Like 1

Â