Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

4 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

He's playing forward balls with confidence now. That was the one part of his game that was lacking. Just another Unai has improved. 

He played an excellent pinpoint ball over the top today. I felt that teams had been setting up to let him have the ball more as his output isnt as good as Mings. Hopefully he can continue to improve that. Hes still relatively young too which is good.

5 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Also want to highlight his great tracking of Isak and then Joelinton when he got forward.

Didn't even realise the great Joelinton was even playing. I thought he was going to run rings round us? 

5 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've still got a feeling he'll be playing as the defensive right back when Carlos is fully fit - like how Emery used Foyth at Villareal and how Guardiola likes to use Ake and Stones too.

This will be perfect for him and us.

• Like 1

Its no suprise that he and Ty are playing the best football of their career.  I think that our coaching team like Villaneuve and Ayerestan are hugely experienced and capable and can show them how to improve technically. Its not just our manager who is a genius. I think we have an unreal coaching team now as well 

4 hours ago, Dale said:

Absolutely criminal defending for their open goal miss, stopped running when he needed to be there on Olsen's fumble. 

Mate, he was never getting there in a million years. I thought he was fine today. He looked more imposing than normal, must have been the all blue kit.

Thought he had a very good game today, bar one or two moments. His passing and decision making have come on a lot, and with his natural pace and tackling ability he’s starting to look again like the player we thought he would develop into when he first joined.

His only real weakness now (relatively speaking, by CB standards) is in the air, but not a huge problem if you’re paired with Mings.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

People rightly talk about the improvement in players under Emery. 

This guy has been superb. 

His confidence on the ball and with his passing is so much better than I've seen it previously. 

Agree, he was poor last season but he’s been very reliable under Emery. I still think Mings is the most adventurous and more important to the team and way we play but they have such a good partnership and he’s an unsung hero. The odd goal would be nice tho.

Typically when the defence has a good day, the Mings thread is more active. When it has a bad day, the Mings thread is also more active.

I’m as responsible as the next person for that being the case.

But what a signing this guy has proved to be. Especially with how things are in every day life, I still find it weird considering multi million pound transfers as not really that much. But £12m was it? lol

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 2

Been really impressed and for me, while he still doesn’t really have the passing range of Tyrone Pings, he’s been absolutely crucial in retaining possession when the ball gets lumped forward our way. 

His first touch killing the ball out of the air and the little flicks he’s been using to find a teammate when dredged has been really impressive. 

• Like 1

Â