Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

On 29/06/2023 at 05:16, lexicon said:

No, I don't either. We need someone with a far greater range of passing and a lot more comfortable on the ball. Ezri is good at keeping it simple and has improved a lot when under pressure, but he's not going to be at the level we need him to be for that role IMO. 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I definitely feel more comfortable with him at RB than Cash tbh. 

You been hacked?

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You been hacked?

I feel similarly. I think his limitations going forward are fairly stark however he's a massive defensive upgrade on cash and his extra aerial presence there will really help especially since if we are playing torres we will have a weak aerial CB on the pitch. 

Also see a lot of goals coming from deep crosses to the back post which is exaclty what cash is absolutely abysmal at defending against. 

However his lack of forward passing is really a concern wherever position he is played. It makes it so hard to progress the ball down the right as a CB, or get the ball to the right winger if he's the rb 

Hopefully he's OK - it was a little foolish because he hurt himself trying to leave one on Carlos Vinicius (who'd been a word removed all game).

I think he did a pretty good job at RB. It was clear that it was his first game there, and he wasn't 100% comfortable, but it was definitely encouraging and I think it's a role he could grow into. I felt more comfortable with him there than Cash. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Hopefully he's OK - it was a little foolish because he hurt himself trying to leave one on Carlos Vinicius (who'd been a word removed all game).

I think he did a pretty good job at RB. It was clear that it was his first game there, and he wasn't 100% comfortable, but it was definitely encouraging and I think it's a role he could grow into. I felt more comfortable with him there than Cash. 

It wasn't his first game there. He had played there under Smith to end the season 2 years ago. 

I watched the first 10-15 minutes before falling asleep and noticed him playing some really nice passes, both long and short, in between lines of Fulham players across the floor. 

It looked like he started pretty well to me. 

11 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

You been hacked?

🤣 It is a bit of a turnaround but one thing that changed in the month between those two quotes, was the Newcastle game. He showed a greater range of passing and a nice burst forward too (like Mings does), which impressed me. I think it's also more of a reflection of how I feel about Cash there, because I don't think he's right for the role.

• Like 1

I thought he was better defensively than Cash at that same position and notably they could not get a few switches over his head.

But I think he played it very safe in possession at that position. It's hard to tell though as that Konsa-Carlos-Torres-Digne-Olsen defense was the first iteration. The combination of new players and Olsen wasn't nearly as fluid as when it reverted to Cash-Konsa(Chambers)-Mings-Revan

11 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Any news on his injury?

Not news but maybe an encouraging photo... in the OS match gallery one of the last photos is Konsa with a big smile. It seems to be after the final whistle, well I do hope so anyway.

• Like 1

Â