Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Just now, DJBOB said:

I think it’s vastly the opposite. The CB needs to be able to make passes between the lines to our center mids and strikers and hit switches, especially Konsa to Moreno. 

If we’re building out from the back, it’s crucial that center backs can make good passes between the lines and switches our wide.

Konsa, by stats and by the eye test, can not pass under any pressure and in between the lines. Nor can I ever recall him trying to hit a cross field ball. 

It's gut feeling on my part, but Konsa's passing doesn't seem to be that wayward at all.  It goes back to Martinez a fair amount, but that's fine.  Switching across the back line isn't largely a good idea.  He plays it to Martinez, our RB and one of Luiz/Kamara pretty much all of the time.  He doesn't need to be hitting strikers or pinging it across the field.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's gut feeling on my part, but Konsa's passing doesn't seem to be that wayward at all.  It goes back to Martinez a fair amount, but that's fine.  Switching across the back line isn't largely a good idea.  He plays it to Martinez, our RB and one of Luiz/Kamara pretty much all of the time.  He doesn't need to be hitting strikers or pinging it across the field.

I think if building out from the back is ever going to work, Konsa is going to need to do a lot more than his 3 passes. 

Just now, DJBOB said:

I think if building out from the back is ever going to work, Konsa is going to need to do a lot more than his 3 passes. 

I checked the passing stats in case I was drastically wrong.

Villa 2 - 4 Leicester - Konsa; 89 passes with 95.5% accuracy, 2 long balls.  Mings; 66 passes with 89.4% accuracy, 8 long balls.
Man City 3 - 1 Villa - Konsa; 33 passes with 93.9% accuracy, 3 long balls.  Chambers; 37 passes with 78.4% accuracy, 10 long balls.
Villa 2 - 4 Arsenal - Konsa; 27 passes with 92.6% accuracy, 1 long ball.  Mings; 31 passes with 83.9% accuracy, 3 long balls.

Sort of what I thought was happening, to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

He really struggles with the playing out from the back thing. He’s a really likeable player but we’ll need a better centre half (and right back) if we want to continue to play this way. 

He will be dropped as soon as Carlos is up to speed. 

• Like 1

I wonder if he’d fetch much in the summer. Not that I particularly want to sell as I think he’s a good squad option, but if we could get £25m+ for him, the club might think it can go towards a better centre half. 

Not sure, just a thought! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wonder if he’d fetch much in the summer. Not that I particularly want to sell as I think he’s a good squad option, but if we could get £25m+ for him, the club might think it can go towards a better centre half. 

25+? Well sure, go on sell him. If we get 15 or less, keep him as a squad player.

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

tbh, we have Mings and Konsa, who are both English and very serviceable squad players.

Mings is obviously a level or two above Konsa, but if we were to sign one new CD in the summer, and have the new DC, Carlos, Mings and Konsa as the competition for starting centre back slots, im fine with that.

Also, critically for me, Mings and Konsa count towards our English contingent numbers, so it means we can go and shop aboard more if needed, which it seems we will almost certainly do.

I would keep Konsa in the squad, not as a starter, but as a squad player.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a bit of a non-comment made because some people might be amused/interested.

I just watched a YouTube video about a mega-scale scammer (the channel—KiraTV—is pretty entertaining). I was pretty shocked when about halfway through Ezri (and Tammy Abramham) show up hanging out with the guy in Dubai. I imagine they innocently got sucked into his orbit like plenty of other people did—so I'm not suggesting anything untoward.

There was one interesting comment made: apparently the scammer was trying to con a Premier League club out of £100million at one stage (it could have been any club).

Anyway, here it is if anyone is interested:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

On 26/02/2023 at 15:25, Delphinho123 said:

who ever gets 25m for him, get the director of football job......not a chance.

9 hours ago, Rolta said:

This is a bit of a non-comment made because some people might be amused/interested.

I just watched a YouTube video about a mega-scale scammer (the channel—KiraTV—is pretty entertaining). I was pretty shocked when about halfway through Ezri (and Tammy Abramham) show up hanging out with the guy in Dubai. I imagine they innocently got sucked into his orbit like plenty of other people did—so I'm not suggesting anything untoward.

There was one interesting comment made: apparently the scammer was trying to con a Premier League club out of £100million at one stage (it could have been any club).

Anyway, here it is if anyone is interested:

I will never understand the need to 'flex' as people put it.

30 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Shout out to Ezri, thought he played well today. 

He’s looking more comfortable on the ball no, hopefully the competition with Carlos coming back will keep Ezri and Mings on their A game 

• Like 2

Â