Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

32 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Next few games could decide a lot for him at Villa.

I think he's getting a run at right back and it'll provide Emery with some info on if he needs to buy a RB this summer.

He's perfect for it I think. Probably won't be much fun with such a high line against Son, Jota and Mitoma though.

I really like Konsa. I want him to do well at RB so he stays in the team. I think he’ll start there today with Carlos in at CB. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Next few games could decide a lot for him at Villa.

I think he's getting a run at right back and it'll provide Emery with some info on if he needs to buy a RB this summer.

He's perfect for it I think. Probably won't be much fun with such a high line against Son, Jota and Mitoma though.

Three years ago. A high line with Engels in it, with Lucas, Son and Bergwijn running behind it.

*Shudders*

Edited by Tom13

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Quietly doing better and better. Carlos has a fight in his hands for a starting position. 

Yes, quietly indeed. Going about his business. Thought he was excellent today.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's been said already but he's the very definition of an unsung hero. Literally hasn't got a song since singing about his todger was banned but really deserves a new one. 

Been immense, deserves to be in the England team. 

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Has had a great season very much doubt we will be seriously looking at any CB’s this summer.

Emery name checked Konsa as a potential candidate for an England call up. He isn't getting replaced anytime soon. 

50 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's been said already but he's the very definition of an unsung hero. Literally hasn't got a song since singing about his todger was banned but really deserves a new one. 

Been immense, deserves to be in the England team. 

To the tune of Superstition by Stevie Wonder

That must be Ezri Konsa, breaking up the play. Don't try to get it past him, he can do this all day.

Shout out to a man that probably 75% of us would have thought would lose his slot in the side when Carlos got fit again.  He has been nearly flawless for the last few months  the yang to Tys Ying.  Seems he has learned as much as Ty has with the superior parts of defending. Him and Ty conceded something like 8 goals in the last 15 games of the season. And faced everyone apart from City in that run. The only question i have is the passing ability but even that seemed bang on . 

Much more like the Konsa we saw during COVID that left us wondering why he didn't get a call up. 

Went through an extended tricky patch last year where it wouldn't have been a surprise if he had been replaced as a priority (similarly to McGinn and Watkins)

When he's in this form is just glides through games with a sense of control... whether it's with or without the ball, or manipulating strikers as he wants. 

A very good player. Amazing he was only £12m

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who doesn't want him to play RB?  I keep seeing "We should move Konsa to RB" everywhere.

• While Emery's system wants us to have our RB stay back most of the time, the role still needs to be able to pick a good forward pass to the RW or through traffic to the RAM or DM.  Konsa's passing is the worst in our backline and would be detrimental to our build up on the right side.
  • Cash is actually one of the top defensive RBs in the Prem statistically, and is underrated by a lot on here.  He missed a lot of games due to his injuries and the form of Ashley Young last season, but he's still a very good defender with better passing range than Konsa.  Here are the defensive stats from 2 seasons ago under Slippy G.

3d31c881-e1d5-4588-8549-36af3cd5e049?width=1920&quality=70  

Edited by KMitch
  • Like 2

Â