Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Produced a lovely one footed block tackle with the outside of his foot to stop what looked like a very dangerous counter attack by Bournemouth. I said it last week, he's now playing as well, if not better, than he was when people were talking about a call up for England. At times, he shows great awareness and there aren't many forwards who get the better of him in a one on  one tussle. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Same with Cash tbh. They even ran into each other at one point. They don't fill me with confidence.

Odd how people see it differently, I can't remember cash losing a tackle. Thought he was class. Agree that Konsa struggled, the high line probably doesn't do him many favours.

• Like 1

If the rumours are true that we are monitoring Antonio Silva at Benfica then I’d sell him in a heartbeat. 

Good servant of the club and a great squad option but he’s not a ball playing CB.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, burchy said:

If the rumours are true that we are monitoring Antonio Silva at Benfica then I’d sell him in a heartbeat. 

Good servant of the club and a great squad option but he’s not a ball playing CB.

I’d be amazed if we managed to sign Antonio Silva mate. He’s got a lot of very big clubs monitoring him. 

Got caught out too often on Saturday, not his best game defensively.
I do think he's done much better with the ball and taking more initiative in finding an out-ball. That was a big positive for me on saturday. 
Carlos should obviously still be a big upgrade.

His passing is coming on leaps and bounds, whilst the majority of the build-up still goes through Mings, I noticed Ezri increasingly splitting lines through the middle to find Ramsey/Buendia.

This was my biggest criticism of Konsa over the years not being brave enough on the ball so great to see him slowly unearth the passing he was renowned for at Brentford / England u21s.

He played at right back in the BCD friendly vs Bristol to accommodate Carlos as we all anticipated. I know he did well in the lockdown restart season playing there but I do hope he doesn't get caught out playing slightly higher up (which is the one area he has struggled under Unai from CB). Will be interesting to see and could save us a pretty penny if he works out there.

More good than bad today and imperious once we switched to a back 5 off the ball. Had some trouble tracking in between him and Young in the first half but Unai helped them out and shut down that side after the second half. 

People need to start giving Ezri bit more respect. Been excellent in the past month and has been a great servant on the whole.

He wasn’t expected to be first choice CB this year but all things considered I think he has been decent enough.

Was brilliant v Chelsea.

Fancy him to score tomorrow!

• Like 2

As bad as he and Ty were in that 11 goals in 3 games blip at times  they have been equally good since.  He got caught out against Solanke a bit too much for my liking but zero mistakes on the ball just like his partner. 

I guess everyone would think it would be Ty and Carlos as starters next season but these 2 have always had a great partnership. Both have improved on the job considerably. 

Konsa has been much better recently but I thought that he was quite poor on Saturday. Chelsea consistently targeted his side, particularly in the first half and they created lots of good opportunities.

He has done his bit for us since he signed but he is one of the players that can easily be upgraded in my view. He is probably one who has a relatively high sell on fee. Maybe this summer is good timing for him to move on.

Â