Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

i saw a tweet that made a lot of sense regarding konsa moving back to right back when carlos comes back from injury. would make a lot of sense in that the rb spends a lot of time defending as a cb in emery's system when on the ball, like juan foyth did for him at villarreal, and obviously young isn't ideal for that currently. would make us more solid.

so on the ball it would be:

martinez

konsa carlos mings

kamara luiz

buendia ramsey

bailey watkins digne (moreno)

and in a defensive shape it might be:

martinez

ramsey konsa carlos mings digne (moreno)

luiz kamara buendia

bailey watkins

or just the regular 4-4-2 medium block.

crazy how fluid emery's formations are.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

martinez

ramsey konsa carlos mings digne (moreno)

luiz kamara buendia

bailey watkins

Hold on, we'll be playing 6 at the back with Ramsey as our right back?  welcome back Gerrard! 😝😝

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Hope Ezri called Grealish a diving word removed when they hugged and chuckled at full time together 

Not a chance that’s what’s wrong with modern footballers, I bet Ashely Young would have given him a mouthful.  The Manchester derby few weeks ago  they were hugging and laughing post match.

36 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Not a chance that’s what’s wrong with modern footballers, I bet Ashely Young would have given him a mouthful.  The Manchester derby few weeks ago  they were hugging and laughing post match.

It just feels weird after such a defeat to be doing that. Get them down the tunnel and criticised, especially against a former player who dived against you to win a penalty. Just reeks of mental weakness. 

• Like 1

Desperately need Konsa to be first choice from the bench. He plays it far to safe and gets caught in terrible positions because of his hesitancy. He's not a bad defender by any means but I think he's an easy upgrade once Carlos returns. 

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Sold in the summer category 

not sure i would sell him, he could be a decent english squad player (for english player limit), which would allow us more foreigners for the first 11 and wider squad.

I agree he shouldn't be a starter at all, but i wouldnt get rid, he could be ok-ish backup.

tbh, in my head, i see Mings and Konsa as backup/competition to two new CD's (or backup to Carlos and a new CD - depending on how Carlos returns to fitness and performs etc).

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

not sure i would sell him, he could be a decent english squad player (for english player limit), which would allow us more foreigners for the first 11 and wider squad.

I agree he shouldn't be a starter at all, but i wouldnt get rid, he could be ok-ish backup.

tbh, in my head, i see Mings and Konsa as backup/competition to two new CD's (or backup to Carlos and a new CD - depending on how Carlos returns to fitness and performs etc).

That’s also fair. I’d keep him as backup, he shouldn’t be starting. Just not good enough. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Today once again showed he can't play from the back at all.

Late drama will gloss over that gift he gave them at 2-2 that Odegaard somehow fired wide.

People talk about Mings and he isn't perfect but Konsa will be out as soon as Carlos is match fit imo.

Yeah, he's just too passive, both off the ball and with his passing.

People go on about his good 'not dribbled past' stats, but that's because he's always just backing off and not trying to win the ball

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Had more than enough chances to be "the guy" and never really took them. He will never play as much as he has and at a club looking to level up once the season is out.

It'll be a slow decline into relegation battles.

Yeah. I think you're right tbh. I did like him, and even thought criticism of him was harsh, but i think it may have been right. I think his early reputation proceeds (right word?) him a fair bit. How often do you see him dominate a forward? Hardly ever. His passing is always safe, he's prone to an error. He hasn't filled me with confidence for a long time.

Â