Matt Targett

villan-scott

1 hour ago, samjp26 said:

Didn’t want to fight for his place in the team, didn’t enjoy playing in front of our fans after COVID, always pretended he was injured when he was against somebody who was ruining him for pace. Complete bottle job and his comments about dressing rooms and leaders speaks volumes about him - pretty sure Emi M said he was soft. Not up for a fight in any aspect, I assume he’ll do the same thing and leave when Newcastle want competition for places in 12 months time. All the best.

😴😴

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He was a good signing, solid player for us most of the time, and wish him the best. Seems like a nice lad. We’ve got a better LB now, but all in all I think he’ll be remembered well at VP

I agree. I don’t buy into this talk of him being a bottler and not being able to play in front of crowds. He managed that perfectly well in a high pressure situation at Newcastle. At his age he needs to be playing regular first team football, and he wasn’t going to get that here.

As much as I wish him well on a personal level, I can’t say I feel the same about Newcastle. And I can’t help but hope he “has a Watford” for them early on next season. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

A complete load of bollocks. 

It’s not though, is it? 

Adama round 1:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-injury-news-grealish-17233998.amp

Adama round 2:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-survival-bid-takes-22282538.amp

Both games against Wolves that season he bottled it early on. He’s a decent defender but he’s got the heart of a tin man. 

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 3

Did a decent enough job most of the time but really excelled with Grealish in front of him as teams couldn't overcommit on our left as that would leave that side exposed for Grealish to run at.

He was a solid signing for a promoted team and improved while at the club with his second season. 

Thought he would be worth at least $20m but I guess his early season performances and Gerrard not wanting him left Newcastle with the advantage in the negotiations.

• Like 1

there was no fight for his place - if digne is fit then digne starts 38 league games regardless of form, that's not a fight that's a reserve player which he didn't want to be

we made a small profit on him

he was very good for a year and then not very good for the rest of his time here so there's a reason we replaced him and sold him

not sure why people want to moan

9 hours ago, QldVilla said:

He was a solid signing for a promoted team and improved while at the club with his second season. 

Thought he would be worth at least $20m but I guess his early season performances and Gerrard not wanting him left Newcastle with the advantage in the negotiations.

Looking at the fee he probably did bring in about 20m of your Aussie dollars. :P

19 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

seems strange to sell him and then buy another lb for next season when we just got digne 

So for us simple and confused people by your comment,  let me explain to you why it's bait.

We clearly don't need Targett, and he is 100% incompetent in the formation we play.  He isn't rated by the management.  We got more than what we paid for him back.  And he was clearly not in the last bit happy to play backup to Digne, signified by his faux love-in for Newcastle during his loan spell.

As such, we need someone who will be happy to play backup and that can play in our formation, either as an experienced hand or a prospect.

This is not in the slightest bit strange.

And unless you're ignorant you know all that,  hence why I said your comment was bait.

Edited by MrBlack

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

So for us simple and confused people by your comment,  let me explain to you why it's bait.

We clearly don't need Targett, and he is 100% incompetent in the formation we play.  He isn't rated by the management.  We got more than what we paid for him back.  And he was clearly not in the last bit happy to play backup to Digne, signified by his faux love-in for Newcastle during his loan spell.

As such, we need someone who will be happy to play backup and that can play in our formation, either as an experienced hand or a prospect.

This is not in the slightest bit strange.

And unless you're ignorant you know all that,  hence why I said your comment was bait.

Ok chief but that's exactly what I said that we need to now buy another LB who is happy to sit on the bench behind Digne.

Stay mad though 

1 minute ago, LondonVillian said:

Ok chief but that's exactly what I said that we need to now buy another LB who is happy to sit on the bench behind Digne.

Stay mad though 

So in what way is it strange that we've done this?

Quite enjoying the debate as I genuinely didn't think you were being serious about it being strange.

Â