Matt Targett

villan-scott

Had a great gig playing behind Grealish who most teams at least doubled up on. When made to do his job he was like a headless chicken and painfully slow. He seems a bit bitter now too. Meh. I won't miss him.

Solid player. Never rocked the boat or courted controversy. Wanted to play in January and whilst Gerrard publicly stated the shirt was up for grabs, you aren’t signing a new left back for 25 million to bench him. Wish him well. 

Would have wished him good luck if he'd gone to most other clubs.

Anyway thanks for your service and stay safe. If you hear a chainsaw revving then just run.

Didn’t want to fight for his place in the team, didn’t enjoy playing in front of our fans after COVID, always pretended he was injured when he was against somebody who was ruining him for pace. Complete bottle job and his comments about dressing rooms and leaders speaks volumes about him - pretty sure Emi M said he was soft. Not up for a fight in any aspect, I assume he’ll do the same thing and leave when Newcastle want competition for places in 12 months time. All the best.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Good Luck to him. Seemed a nice lad and wish him all the best. We were always going to improve on him and as I said Newcastle will eventually do the same. Definitely a decent Premier League full back but will good enough for a team with aspirations of Europe.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sne said:

Would have wished him good luck if he'd gone to most other clubs.

Anyway thanks for your service and stay safe. If you hear a chainsaw revving then just run.

I’m actually glad he has gone to Newcastle. With all due respect to Targett if this is the calibre of their signings this summer I don’t think we have to worry to much about them next season .

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Good Luck to him. Seemed a nice lad and wish him all the best. We were always going to improve on him and as I said Newcastle will eventually do the same. Definitely a decent Premier League full back but will good enough for a team with aspirations of Europe.

you have to wish him well....came along when he was the upgrade, and did well for us.

We move on, and so does he....The memories was good for both of us.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m actually glad he has gone to Newcastle. With all due respect to Targett if this is the calibre of their signings this summer I don’t think we have to worry to much about them next season .

I said earlier, that I actually think this is just a " safe " signing, at a decent price, in case they miss out on other targets.

I really don't think it's any indication of their broader aspirations or signings at all to be fair 

Woudont even surprise me if they signed another LB this window lol.

Fans up there do love him though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I said earlier, that I actually think this is just a " safe " signing, at a decent price, in case they miss out on other targets.

I really don't think it's any indication of their broader aspirations or signings at all to be fair 

Woudont even surprise me if they signed another LB this window lol.

Imagine he switched our bench for there’s! No doubt they will be paying him more though. He’s turning 27 soon and is now financially sorted until the age of 31.  Can’t blame him for moving. 

All we have to do next season is stick bailey on his side and that would be enough ti cause some serious problems.

Targett is pretty useless against pacey players. Sarr absolutely obliterated him last season

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

All we have to do next season is stick bailey on his side and that would be enough ti cause some serious problems.

Targett is pretty useless against pacey players. Sarr absolutely obliterated him last season

He also pocketed Adama Traore at least once with very little help.

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He also obliterated Lucas Digne when Watford put 5 past Everton 

Â