Matt Targett

villan-scott

8 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Apparently he kind of took a small dig at our players/dressing room? Well it depends on how you want to look at what he said lol I could give two tosses about what he says, because football players all waffle anyway.

What did he say?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What did he say?

"Newcastle is probably the best dressing room I've been in, in terms of players making you feel welcome, in terms of how many players are leaders. I hope I can be a part of this club playing in Europe. With a few good signings, you look at teams like West Ham, Leicester, Wolves. They're the clubs you want to be aiming for in the next few seasons and to establish ourselves as a top-half team."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/matt-targett-newcastle-transfer-villa-24176191

I think the original source is likely to be from Newcastles website from his annoucement video.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What did he say?

"Them **** voted me player of the season so the fanbase turned on me the following season when I wasnt Roberto Carlos"

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

"Them **** voted me player of the season so the fanbase turned on me the following season when I wasnt Roberto Carlos"

The same fanbase has never " turned " on Matty Cash though? 🧐

Who also, is not Roberto Carlos. ( Or the right sided equivalent ) lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Been reading on VT for years from certain posters talking about how shit Targett is and we need to get rid of...  We replace him with a French international who one of the top LBs in the world not in a Champions League club and the same posters are losing their minds because we're selling Targett...  Can't make this up.

Names or it didn't happen. 

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

I'm sure Newcastle fans will love that he didn't mention us battling for Europe, even though its quite obvious why he wouldn't mention the team he has JUST transfered from lol

He did name teams that finished above Newcastle last season 😛

Hardly going to say in his interview that the dressing room full if clearings in the woods 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The same fanbase has never " turned " on Matty Cash though? 🧐

Who also, is not Roberto Carlos. ( Or the right sided equivalent ) lol

So you agree the fans did turn on him? 

As for Cash was people complaining about him in mid season around Christmas and wanted bring Guilbert back 

Good deal for us I think. Signed a player in our first season back who at the time we probably slightly overplayed for but who also helped us establish ourselves in the premier league and then shipped on for a profit when we outgrew him. 

let’s remember he went on loan because he wasn’t good enough to be our first choice left back.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He did name teams that finished above Newcastle last season 😛

Hardly going to say in his interview that the dressing room full if clearings in the woods 😂

Exactly, I've seen a few people that have taken what he's said to heart. Like I said football players will say anything when they've moved clubs, they normally say the things we want to hear and that's what makes us get more excited about a new signing.

Just remembered something that i thought on the day of the very first Gerrard training session when the OS released the video. Everyone else was chatting and relaxed as they walked out. Targett was looking so scared it was untrue. Means nothing obviously but it was enough of something to make me question why at the time.

A lovely kid / lad very well liked  but like the legend that was Peter Whittingham he didnt have the huge self belief that you sometimes need. Maybe in a different club things will be different for him and he will flourish again. 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

So you agree the fans did turn on him? 

As for Cash was people complaining about him in mid season around Christmas and wanted bring Guilbert back 

No, I don't, I think they rightly just realised that he was playing shite, and reverted back to type, after an outstanding season prior.

Think you'll find most reasonable people would have been ok keeping Targett, it's now becoming clearer that he had zero interest in being here anymore as well though.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WHY said:

He said our players and dressing room were smaller than Newcastle’s.

He said Villa don't love a number 9 as much as the Geordies 

• Haha 1

Â