Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

It doesn't seem to be in any of his youtube compilations, but I saw a brilliant goal of his on twitter where he ran with the ball from half-way line leaving everyone for dead with blistering pace, before blasining it home (well I've forget what the actual goal looked like, but his run leading up to it was very impressive)... Here's another that doesn't seem to be in any of his videos, but a very clever finish...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vandaq said:

I largely think so but too be frank, not much to go on. Some pieces of brilliance but it's one half.

Agreed but I loved how well he brought down long balls and brought players around him into the game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Back on Topic.

I've already seen the "He's shit" posts on Facebook Villa groups from one or two.

🙄

Can't avoid the Neanderthals brother, just be aware of them.....but never feed them.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Can't avoid the Neanderthals brother, just be aware of them.....but never feed them.

2nd 45 minute spell, in pre season, at a new club, with a team which is incomplete and has not even chosen a first 11 yet.

Baffling.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

2nd 45 minute spell, in pre season, at a new club, with a team which is incomplete and has not even chosen a first 11 yet.

Baffling.

Yeah.

Some people are so thick I'm surprised they remember how to breathe......

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Baffling.

Is it... 😏

The maddest thing about it being he was the best player on the pitch in the second half, by a distance frankly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He was decent but wouldn’t say best player on pitch. I think Lansbury and RHM also looked good second half. 

I think Wesley was better. They were both good though 

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Back on Topic.

I've already seen the "He's shit" posts on Facebook Villa groups from one or two.

🙄

Years ago we used to have to listen to some retarded yokel-sounding spanner behind us in the Lower Holte call Paul Merson shit during every home game. And not just once, the knob-gobbler would yell it several times over the 90.  Every. ****. Home. Game.  They really do come in every slice of stupid.

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Baffling.

He's not played more than half a match per match? I'm doubting his commitment already, sounds a lazy word removed to me. :crylaugh:

• Haha 2

Interesting player. Still not sure I can compare him to any of our recent players. I am beginning to think he maybe played as one of those modern fancy attacker roles. Drops  deep a lot and is also a creator as well as solid hold up man rather than a finisher?

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

His touch is immaculate as is his awareness. He's going to catch a lot of defenders unawares with his acceleration. They're gonna be on their heels thinking this 6'5 dude can't move and then BAM.

Tempted to put him in my fantasy team now. I predict another 13 and 9 season for Big Wes.

I am looking forward to him barging Van Dijk and Stones out of position 

from clips I have seen in pre-season is he is not a typical target man that his size would indicate. He has a nice touch and drops quite deep. Interesting the player that would benefit us most from this is Hourihane as he is good at finding that space 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

His touch is immaculate as is his awareness. He's going to catch a lot of defenders unawares with his acceleration. They're gonna be on their heels thinking this 6'5 dude can't move and then BAM.

Tempted to put him in my fantasy team now. I predict another 13 and 9 season for Big Wes.

Put him in from the off, at £6.0m you can't argue it really. They clearly have no idea who may play in defence for us either as everybody is a flat £4.5m. They've not added Guilbert yet but I'll be getting him as soon as they do. I hoped McGinn would be £5m like Neves was for wolves last year but he's a touch more expensive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Put him in from the off, at £6.0m you can't argue it really. They clearly have no idea who may play in defence for us either as everybody is a flat £4.5m. They've not added Guilbert yet but I'll be getting him as soon as they do. I hoped McGinn would be £5m like Neves was for wolves last year but he's a touch more expensive.

I replaced Deulofeo with him and saved £0.5m. I was just looking for Guilbert but he wasn't there like you say. I had McGinn from the off but I have a sneaking suspicion that Jack will have his most productive season yet for us in the PL. Teams won't be trying to mark him out of games anymore. Decisions decisions.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Already added to my fifa 19 team, it's not him who's my highest scorer, it's Jota coming in off the wing.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Â