Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

5 minutes ago, nrey said:

Just give this beast some time guys. He is just a few weeks contracted at Villa so you can't make any conclusions right now. And yes frequently he will shout at a teammate, but that's because he got the mentality to win everything. He will fight untill the end every match. I think that's what you need.

I miss him already 😀

Grts Brugesfan. Good luck!

How much goals did he score for cercle bruges?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, nrey said:

For cercle bruges zero goals because he played at Club Bruges. You have two teams at Bruges and cercle are our rivals. 

Last year he scored 13 goals in the jupiler pro league and 7 assists. In the champions league he scored two goals (poules) and in the europe league he scored 1 goal (in two matches). This stats may not seem that impressive but the thing about Wesley is that he creates space for other players and can hold the ball. He makes other players a lot better. In Belgium he had always two defenders around him. 

Think this could be the case for Jota , looked at times to be running into areas the BigWes was putting himself about

I thought he had a good half. Good first touch. Amazing strength, good eye for his team mate. Held the ball well and good link up play. Easy to see why he cost so much. 

As for argueing with Conor, Hourihane gave him a useless ball then complained about his movement. Wesley took offence. The pass Conor should have played was wide to Anwar. IMO 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

I thought he had a good half. Good first touch. Amazing strength, good eye for his team mate. Held the ball well and good link up play. Easy to see why he cost so much. 

As for argueing with Conor, Hourihane gave him a useless ball then complained about his movement. Wesley took offence. The pass Conor should have played was wide to Anwar. IMO 

Wesley looks deceptively quick too!

Wesley has a reputation for losing his temper, according to Belgian league/Brugge experts on here. He lost his temper about 10 minutes into the game last night. I noted it here. That is all. 

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Wesley has a reputation for losing his temper, according to Belgian league/Brugge experts on here. He lost his temper about 10 minutes into the game last night. I noted it here. That is all. 

you also said he had a reputation for being a prick 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wesley worked on his temper in Bruges. It was a lot worse in the beginning, he has really improved very well through the years. Let's hope that moment yesterday was a one timer. In Belgium referees are so bad that you get frustrated about their way of 'blowing' the game. Defenders hung on Wesley like a lion on their prey, and mostly foul was given against Wesley. I think this is better in the PL and he can play his game better than in Belgium. There's just that adaption from the small Jupiler League to the big Premier League, but I think in the end he'll do fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nrey said:

For cercle bruges zero goals because he played at Club Bruges. You have two teams at Bruges and cercle are our rivals. 

Last year he scored 13 goals in the jupiler pro league and 7 assists. In the champions league he scored two goals (poules) and in the europe league he scored 1 goal (in two matches). This stats may not seem that impressive but the thing about Wesley is that he creates space for other players and can hold the ball. He makes other players a lot better. In Belgium he had always two defenders around him. 

Thanks for your thoughts, what is his technique/skill level like? Can he shoot & finish well? Is he quite clinical with chances or misses many opportunities?

I didn't notice him lose his temper last night, players shout at each other all the time, even ones who are known to be best of friends off the pitch, they just get caught up in the moment. I thought he looked he looked pretty decent, and got better as the half went on, not many chances created for him, but showed some good touches.

Â