Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Anyone who saw our match against Minnesota, did he have any decent pace?

I don't recall him really running at the defence. Every time I caught a glimpse of him he was heavily marked, so it's tough to say. Maybe the Shrewsbury match might give us more of an insight into this.

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Anyone who saw our match against Minnesota, did he have any decent pace?

He didn't get many opportunities to open up but he showed rapid acceleration. 

For such a big guy he appears to be very light on his feet, an athletic battering ram. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He didn't get many opportunities to open up but he showed rapid acceleration. 

For such a big guy he appears to be very light on his feet, an athletic battering ram. 

Sounds a bit like Adriano. Hope he has the same shot. 

19 hours ago, Linkert said:

Wesley worked on his temper in Bruges. It was a lot worse in the beginning, he has really improved very well through the years. Let's hope that moment yesterday was a one timer. In Belgium referees are so bad that you get frustrated about their way of 'blowing' the game. Defenders hung on Wesley like a lion on their prey, and mostly foul was given against Wesley. I think this is better in the PL and he can play his game better than in Belgium. There's just that adaption from the small Jupiler League to the big Premier League, but I think in the end he'll do fine.

A tad worrying, since team spirit has been our strength. We really don't want to destroy that. Let's hope you're right and he'll be ok.

literally all accounts from Brugge fans he's an incredibly hard worker so we're fine.

My one thought on him is that you can see he likes to link the play a bit deeper than a leading man usually would. I hope he mixes up the first time flicks/layoffs, with sometimes trapping it and turning, or getting it under control himself before firing a pass off. One thing with link forwards that annoys me is when they go for the flicks too often and they'll lose the ball four times out of five trying ambitious moves.

• Like 1

I like that he has a bit of a nastiness about him, for too long we have had too many players that were nice to play against. As Petrov said in that interview teams in last few PL seasons came to Villa Park and enjoyed playing at the stadium and was rarely stressful. 

This season got Wesley, McGinn, Mings, El Ghazi even Jack and Hourihane arent afraid to get involved if needed

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I like that he has a bit of a nastiness about him, for too long we have had too many players that were nice to play against. 

Agreed. That's why i also hoped for Maupay. 

I think he looked really promising, but one thing I noticed was that he dropped back from their back line and made himself available for a pass on several occations, looked like really good moves - but didn’t get the pass. Our midfielders prefered to play it out wide or sideways. He seems to control and pass the ball really well and is strong so I’d like that pass to be played more often. It was so obvious that it must have been the instructions. Perhaps DS dont want him to drop drop back so much but rather make sprints for through balls, or be at the very front line for crosses.

Another thing I noticed for being such a big lad is that he moves and runs like someone of normal size. Often with the big lads they look a bit clumsy or lanky when they run, but not Wesley, he just looks like a giant. A bit like the Hulk (the green one, not the wrestler that is).

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

Â