Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

55 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It was a terrible pass. Lazy and to nowhere. IMO of course. 

Hourihane and Thor passing from DM more often than not do my head in. Capable of good ones but so inconsistent which is last thing I want from DM. I'm surprised Thor didn't get intercepted twice near our goal with some junk passes. Always thought he has terrible blind spots in misses forward passes to players in good areas because he's not looking like he should

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Hourihane and Thor passing from DM more often than not do my head in. Capable of good ones but so inconsistent which is last thing I want from DM. I'm surprised Thor didn't get intercepted twice near our goal with some junk passes. Always thought he has terrible blind spots in misses forward passes to players in good areas because he's not looking like he should

It's infuriating watching Thor play DM. So many simple passes he just doesn't see.

We're gonna see such a huge improvement when Douglas joins, it's gonna be ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

What concerns me having seen that though is that he's got a bit of a reputation for being a prick.

Lol....and how do you know this?? Worked with him have you? Or really good mates with someone who has? Or just speculating because it suits your point??

I have no problem with players having high expectations of their team mates and if they don't reach those expectations then they need to be told!

Edited by New_Hope

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

What concerns me having seen that though is that he's got a bit of a reputation for being a prick.

What reputation? This is so baffling,  ecaude he was moaning at his team mate. How many times was Tammy doing that last season? For me I like it a so he wants the ball rather have that then not being vocal about it. He want some to score goals that I say the attitude I want to see

how many times do you see hogan moaning?

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mole86 said:

People complained about Tammy doing it at Blackburn away, then he started banging them in and surprisingly no one mentioned it again...

I also remember people calling Benteke "the new Heskey" after his debut...  That quickly went away after he started banging them in, too.   Funny how that happens?

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I also remember people calling Benteke "the new Heskey" after his debut...  That quickly went away after he started banging them in, too.   Funny how that happens?

Thought benteke scored on his debut

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

This was my thought on him. He reminded me of The Beast when he first joined. 

He's obviously going to be rusty. The good thing for him is his movement. He has pace and will obviously work hard so the space will open up for him and the likes of Jack, SJM, Jota and El Ghazi are all intelligent ballers who will get the ball to him.

He'll get plenty of chances to score for sure. I just hope he's clinical enough to take them. Maybe he needs to work further up the pitch though. First game so probably tried too hard to impress by tracking back so deep. 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Can someone bring me up to speed ?

Did he play ?

Did he score ?

Was he any good ? 

He looked mobile for such a big guy, though he looked knackered after 30mins in that humidity. 

He had some good link up touches but made a hash of a decent headed chance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Can someone bring me up to speed ?

Did he play ?

Did he score ?

Was he any good ? 

My impressions after watching the game were that he drops deep and provides some excellent touches & link up play. 

The service to him wasn't that good, so it's a bit unfair to judge on 45 mins worth of play.

From what (little) I've seen so far, he has really good feet and a good range of passing, if he can get the ball to feet in the box I think he will do well.

Didnt DS say in his interview when we signed Wes that one of the things he loves about Wes is his personality and was exactly what he expected when he met him.  Got to think DS knows his players and knows who will fit into that.

Â