Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Quickly coming up on 24 months since that injury, since then he has played a total of about 200 minutes of football (+ whatever minutes he got in friendlies). That's just sad for everyone involved and especially him of course.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Quickly coming up on 24 months since that injury, since then he has played a total of about 200 minutes of football (+ whatever minutes he got in friendlies). That's just sad for everyone involved and especially him of course.

Sad reality of how bad an injury it was I'm afraid.

Bizarre people were on here this time last season saying we didn't need to sign anyone  upfront as "Wesley would be back soon." Think the brief cameos last season just showed it's very tough to get back to a good level when you're out for over a year.

Wish him all the best, can see us coming soon to mutual termination of his deal eventually just to help him find a club as obviously no one is going to pay much more for him and he'll still have two years left in the summer.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If he has been sensible he should have enough money to be comfortable for the rest of his life. It is sad to see that it looks like he isn't going to recover from the injury.

I'm sure he could still work out a career playing in the lower leagues or even as a journeyman playing in obscure leagues around the world. Sure its not PL money, but he its probably still a decent living.

We've got 2 years left on his contract at the end of this season. 4.4m amortisation and 1.8m in Wages. We've got the Jack Grealish money on our accounts for those years so not going to be a huge issue to our ability to sign players. 

He might go back to Brazil if we can recall him from Brugge. It's start of the season down there in January. He spent lots of time back home when recovering so he would hopefully be positive about a move like that. I think we need to forget about who can contribute to wages and focus on him playing games.

15 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I'd say he'll be recalled in January, need to find some minutes for him. Could send him to a League 1 side possibly

Outrageous.

Whether he is finished or not he won't be coming back to play for Ipswich ffs.

To be honest I think he is done. Needs to go secure the bag playing in India or somewhere in the far east.

I think it's Big Wes' birthday today. Sad to see he still can't get minutes for Bruges. 

It's still pisses me off that Ben Mee got away with that tackle. On the same day Wes' had his best game for Villa scored one and had another ruled out for offside by about 1mm. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I think it's Big Wes' birthday today. Sad to see he still can't get minutes for Bruges. 

It's still pisses me off that Ben Mee got away with that tackle. On the same day Wes' had his best game for Villa scored one and had another ruled out for offside by about 1mm.

Can't remember Wes having one ruled out. I know Grealish had a header ruled out.

'Because you've been out for a year' as if it's some casual injury, and Wesley wasn't even fully fit after a year ffs. Bruges even took him despite failing his medical (or at least showing signs he wasn't quite right if he didn't fail it) if reports are to be believed.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

You don't suddenly lose all your ability because you've been out for a year.

People needs to accept the possibility that he never was very good in the first place.

Says the man begging Smith to start Keinan Davis last season 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â