Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Food for thought when you slate the guy about how tough he was finding it to acclimate and his injury.

It's a tough to move for seasoned players to come to this league and we gave this guy who had never come through academies and had been raising kids since he worked in a factory at 16 less than 6 months before many wrote him off. May have been 'right' in hindsight but unfair to the kid.

A shame it won't work out for him here but hope the club take some responsibility to help him move on in his career and salvage some form of a career out if it. It definitely appears that they are and hopefully it pays off for Wes.

Very very good post. His story is emotional and whatever you think about the guys ability is a different conversation. 

He battled so much to get a gig here only to have that word removed snap him. 

Sadly I don’t think he has a career at Aston Villa but by god I’ll be following his career and I really hope there is light at the end of what has been long dark tunnel. 

Best wishes big man 

I wonder if Gerrard will bring him back in January to assess him before deciding what to do in the summer.  Unless I’ve missed something in the last month, it’s pointless him being at Brugge unless the loan has no recall.  Looks like he won’t play for Villa again but I’m guessing Gerrard will want to assess first before anything is done.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I wonder if Gerrard will bring him back in January to assess him before deciding what to do in the summer.  Unless I’ve missed something in the last month, it’s pointless him being at Brugge unless the loan has no recall.  Looks like he won’t play for Villa again but I’m guessing Gerrard will want to assess first before anything is done.

tbh, i dont think even pre injury Wesley had/the engine to play Gerrard Ball.

Hopefully we can find him a good move where he is happy, and we get him off the books.

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If I were him, I’d go to China for the money. Try and make some money out of the game while he still can. I’m not sure he is going to fully recover from that injury. 

Those days are gone. There is a limit of €70k/w on new contracts in China for foreigners and €10m a year total per club on foreign players so the big contracts will be for big names. Not that that isn't still fantastic money but no more Elkeson or Oscar contracts.

12 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If I were him, I’d go to China for the money. Try and make some money out of the game while he still can. I’m not sure he is going to fully recover from that injury. 

Money has gone from China, last season winners just folded and the season has been delayed

48 minutes ago, sne said:

Once again he didn't get off the bench for Brugge.

I was one his biggest advocates, but clearly something is amiss. Either he has no confidence after his injury, or he hasn't put in the work to give him that confidence. 

Either way it's sad that the match he was showing his most promise, was the same match he got crocked by Mee.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I was one his biggest advocates, but clearly something is amiss. Either he has no confidence after his injury, or he hasn't put in the work to give him that confidence. 

Either way it's sad that the match he was showing his most promise, was the same match he got crocked by Mee.

He just might not be the same player and that could be more than just confidence or mentally.  After injuries like that some players never come back.

On 07/12/2021 at 22:47, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So why TF did they take him?!

Before the season started, their system was more focused on a big central striker (Bas Dost) and they needed a back-up. Dost only came in last january and was hailed as the missing link. With the development of De Ketelaere and Lang, they changed their system somewhat. This means Dost has been on the bench more often than not, so obviously his back-up drops down the pecking order. Reports today suggest Wesley already wants to leave due to lack of game time.

A (lower) mid-table championship side maybe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Sad as it is, I can’t see Wesley ever playing for us again. That dirty Burnley word removed has seen to that. I hope for Wesley’s sake that he can find another club and build his fitness and confidence back up. He does have potential but he’s going to need to play regularly if he’s ever to reach it. That’s not likely to happen at Villa now. 

• Like 1

Â