Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

50 minutes ago, John said:

You haven't missed much. ;) Neither look very happy to be at Villa Park below and they both played like it (Bosco was worst of the two for me by a distance, with Ross making Scott Hogan look decent by comparison)!

image.jpeg.8b75853ee2915572e2383686597ed91e.jpeg Ross McCormack ordered to train with Aston Villa U23s as club seek to  offload striker

I was just messing around and being pedantic as he'd spelt both of their names wrong. Unfortunately I know all too well who they both are 🤣

• Haha 1

On 25/11/2021 at 20:43, pete101 said:

Think this lad has got a pass off some because he is Brazilian, let's be honest it's close between him or Bosco Balaban on who our worst signing has been, id even have Ross McCormick ahead of him

I will pretend I didn't read that and not dignify it with a comment.

• Like 3

In hindsight it probably should have been a 4 year deal with an option.

I imagine the club are already seeking out the possibility of getting him paid up.

He was never good enough really, in another world he would have maybe progressed to a sub striker striker throw on....but with the injury I think he's completely been finished off now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spoony said:

The reality is that he isn’t good enough, and never was, and sadly certainly never will be because of his unfortunate injury. Time to just move him on. 

You mean pay his contract off? May as well just let it expire and he can try and find load moves in the meantime. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You mean pay his contract off? May as well just let it expire and he can try and find load moves in the meantime. 

I was thinking more shift him on for free or a nominal fee if poss.

Do other clubs waste as much money as Villa???

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Not sure if you've noticed but Everton have constructed a massive bonfire of £50 notes over the last 5 years and set fire to it. 

0.5bn of spending for absolutely nothing. If anything they have gone backwards. Morgan Schneiderlin, Davy Klassen, Cenk Tosun, that sex offender bloke. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Yep as other have mentioned. We could always be Everton! 

I’d say Man U have pissed a lot of money up the wall in recent years too. 

As for Wesley, I doubt anyone will pay his wages.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep as other have mentioned. We could always be Everton! 

I’d say Man U have pissed a lot of money up the wall in recent years too. 

As for Wesley, I doubt anyone will pay his wages.

They've got better recently. But Liverpool pissed billions up the wall over the years- but for some reason it never gets reported.

On 24/11/2021 at 08:33, villalad21 said:

You don't suddenly lose all your ability because you've been out for a year.

People needs to accept the possibility that he never was very good in the first place.

I always wonder why people struggle with the most likely reasoning. It's as above really.

Apparently he was having a good half against Burnley though !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

I always wonder why people struggle with the most likely reasoning. It's as above really.

Apparently he was having a good half against Burnley though !

Ok so player has a great season at club scoring goals in both league and champions league. Title winner and young player of the year.  Gets move to Premier League and struggles. Showed potential signs of slight improvement but has an injury that puts him out for a season and a half. Never cut it in this league so returns to team where he was a great success. Cant get any minutes. 

Yep nothing to do with the Injury. He’s just always been shit.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok so player has a great season at club scoring goals in both league and champions league. Title winner.  Gets move to Premier League and struggles. Showed potential signs of slight improvement but has an injury that puts him out for a season and a half. Never cut it in this league so returns to team where he was a great success. Cant get any minutes. 

????

Didn't think he'd ever scored that many goals ? - thought he got about 11 in the season before we brought him ?

How many champions League goals has he got ? 

Every club signs the odd shit player mate.

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

????

Didn't think he'd ever scored that many goals ? - thought he got about 11 in the season before we brought him ?

How many champions League goals has he got ? 

Every club signs the odd shit player mate.

You’re totally missing the point. He played well in that league for that same team. Doesn’t mean he was good enough for us but he was good enough for them. He proved that.However now he is not even good enough for them. So how can anyone say it’s because he has always been shit and nothing to do with the injury. Absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

You’re totally missing the point. He played well in that league for that same team. Doesn’t mean he was good enough for us but he was good enough for them. He proved that.However now he is not even good enough for them. So how can anyway say it’s because he has always been shit and nothing to do with the injury. Absolutely ridiculous.

Yes I was totally missing your point.

My point was he was never good enough for the premier League. (The league we play in)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yes I was totally missing your point.

My point was he was never good enough for the premier League. (The league we play in)

I agree with that although the injury means we’ll never find out if he could have been. The person you were replying to was suggesting he has never been good and the injury means nothing. I just think that’s unfair. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

An injury like that would affect you mentally though. Not saying he would have made the grade or not, but he might think twice before going into a tackle because of the injury.

Also, it's not uncommon for someone to look poor in your first season at a new club. 

18 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok so player has a great season at club scoring goals in both league and champions league. Title winner and young player of the year.  Gets move to Premier League and struggles. Showed potential signs of slight improvement but has an injury that puts him out for a season and a half. Never cut it in this league so returns to team where he was a great success. Cant get any minutes. 

Shit in premier league terms. 

Wesley was never gonna be a long term solution for us. Injury or no injury. 

Can't get any minutes now possibly because managers don't favor loan players, or simply because they have better striker options who are at a higher level than Wesley ever were. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Shit in premier league terms. 

Wesley was never gonna be a long term solution for us. Injury or no injury. 

Can't get any minutes now possibly because managers don't favor loan players, or simply because they have better striker options who are at a higher level than Wesley ever were. 

Or perhaps he isn’t the same player he was before he got seriously injured?

• Like 3

Â