Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

30 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Sad as it is, I can’t see Wesley ever playing for us again. That dirty Burnley word removed has seen to that. I hope for Wesley’s sake that he can find another club and build his fitness and confidence back up. He does have potential but he’s going to need to play regularly if he’s ever to reach it. That’s not likely to happen at Villa now. 

Yep, I think that time has passed. There's too much competition now and he already had quite a lot of work to develop if he wanted to be at the level of Watkins or Ings and now he's got a few youngsters breathing down his neck too. I don't think we're close to being the right club for his career right now, so it'd be best for everyone if he moved somewhere to start fresh. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Sao Paolo and Palmeiras interested at 15 million pounds?

I feel sorry for the bloke , but might be good move for him. Possibly be happier at home?

That would be a great move for him.

Going back from scratch. Try to rebuild himself. Get some confidence. 

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 19:08, The Fun Factory said:

You do wonder having one leg shorter than the other has hampered his recovery time? He always had an unusual gait which is mad for a professional footballer.  It is a painful procedure but you can break and then lengthen your leg.

It wouldn’t impact on his recovery time. You would be amazed how many elite athletes have a shorter limb than the other and fixed by wearing orthotics in the shoes. 

Not everyone recovers from these type of injuries 100% it really depends on the severity.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Sao Paolo and Palmeiras interested at 15 million pounds?

I feel sorry for the bloke , but might be good move for him. Possibly be happier at home?

Bite their hand off for £15m

He'll never make it at Villa now. I think we've moved on from his level already. 

• Like 1

Aplogies lads, need to correct myself, just found the actual Brazilian story, and it's loans they are looking at. I got the 15 mill from Facebook. lol

Sounds like great deal, with us basically paying all his wages lol. ( Stories are in Portuguese I think ? )

With Palmeiras in contention, São Paulo sends proposal to have Wesley Moraes, Aston Villa

Sao Paulo have submitted a bid to have striker Wesley Moraes of England's Aston Villa on a one-year loan.

The athlete's staff is attempting the release of the 25-year-old from Club Brugge in Belgium. He has been on loan to the team since the beginning of this season, which has completed six games and no goals scored.

Initially, the proposal is for Wesley Moraes to arrive without cost, with the salary being paid mostly by Aston Villa, leaving the Brazilian club a small portion of the salaries.

São Paulo has competition from Palmeiras, which is also interested in the athlete.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Would love to know SG's thoughts on Wes. If I were Gerrard, I'd want to get Wes back in, start of January, and see where he is. If they see nothing to build on, they try to move him on during the second half of the window. If he's looking okay, they can shift Davis on loan. Either way, we don't get weaker as a squad. I trust the management team. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure how much we could get if we did sell due to his actual lack of football. We'd be paying off part of the wages of any new contract as well. Maybe someone takes a gamble on him for £5m? But if he can't even get game time in Belgium, I fear his injury is career ending :( 

• Like 1

Â