Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I wish him look but a terrible signing. 

Not his fault, he didn't choose for us to spend that amount, or to rely on him as our only striker. But it was a terrible decision. 

I can think of 3 games where he's looked a prem player. He's just not at this level and now after the injury I doubt he ever will. 

Hopefully we can recoup some of the fee for him next summer. 

I would say it should be labeled a “what if” signing. Not his fault Ben Mee is a shite footballer. The game he went down he was looking great.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I wish him look but a terrible signing. 

Not his fault, he didn't choose for us to spend that amount, or to rely on him as our only striker. But it was a terrible decision. 

I can think of 3 games where he's looked a prem player. He's just not at this level and now after the injury I doubt he ever will. 

Hopefully we can recoup some of the fee for him next summer. 

I wonder if this signing was a reason why Pitarch lost his job in the end? Like you say he’s never really looked like doing it regularly in the PL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I would say it should be labeled a “what if” signing. Not his fault Ben Mee is a shite footballer. The game he went down he was looking great.

Tbf the legend of Wesley’s performance against Burnley is pretty over the top IMO.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Completely indifferent on him as a player for us. Wish him good luck, hope he gets his career back on track and hope that one day he gets to shatter both of Ben Mee’s legs and retires him. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

**** me thats harsh.  there are some arseholes on this site but this thread takes the biscuit.  Wesley was ripping Burnley apart that match they had no way to deal with him and Ben mee just did him.   it was a glimpse of what could have been.  I would love him to regain his full fitness and be able to give 100% again.  Not saying he ever will.  I'm not stupid enough to think he was  world class but he was young and learning his trade and shown enough to suggest he could be a player.

I mean, that's quite an exaggeration. 

I don't think it's an arsehole move to think he was ok or good in that match and not believe it was then going to be his consistent level. 

He was good against Everton as well.

Always wanted it to go well for Wes, has a great story and picked up some rotten luck on the way. Shame how it seems to have worked out but it's in part because we're progressing quicker than he is which is ultimately a positive. Hope the loan goes well and will be keeping as keen an eye as possible on him.

Re: pre-injury Wes...

I think Wesley caused genuine problems for defenders with his physique (e.g. Everton H, Man Utd A, Arsenal A, Burnley A, Norwich A from what I can remember), and wasn't a bad finisher at all in the box. Certainly a very cool finisher.

But he's missing something extra - either being more dangerous in the air, or being better on the ball technically, or having electric pace.

I think he only needed one of those ingredients added to the physicality and poaching ability, and he would have easily been PL quality. But hard to see that happening now.

Could see him having a good season back at Brugge, as he's probably developed his game considerably, despite the injury, and I think he's one of those who becomes unplayable when you go down a level or two. Be interested to see how he gets on.

• Like 1

He can pass, and he can finish. Everything else he looked off the pace with in fairness. Questioning his attitude is a little unfair, he's a bit of a sulky character but he was obviously always desperate to repay the faith we showed in him.

I really wanted him to follow an underdog arc and prove the haters wrong, and it is a real shame Ben Mee ended his season like that.

He could yet bang a load in for Brugge and come back and contribute for us, who knows.

• Like 2

Good luck to him, I always wanted it to eventually come together for Wesley but that injury as others have said just came at the very worst time for him and I just dont ever see him being what we need from here. Hopefully he can smash it on this loan and reinvigorate his career somewhere he's happy for a bit of a decent return on the money we paid 

• Like 3

Â