Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

53 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I'm sorry he got injured but he never looked even remotely close to the level technically physically mentally.

Like all of the players we signed from the Belgian league, all duds. Richard Medley has a lot to answer for. I'd be very interested to follow the paper trial of those transfers to see where the money finally ended up. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well it's very likely the end of his Villa career, because he's simply nowhere near the level of Watkins or ings, so to imagine him coming back to any kind of regular football is to imagine one of those players being either injured or sold and us not replacing them. 

I think you may be right but i don't think you can say it with any certainty.  he had more potential as an all round player than ings but didn't ever show his level of finishing skills for us.  I'd love him to come good though.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I can't see his injury having anything to do with his failings at Villa. 

He was never good enough before his injury and we would have bought Watkins regardless. 

He would find himself in the exact same position as he do now. 

😂

12 minutes ago, Gillz said:

First Grealish and now this. We really need to show some ambition and stop these Champions League clubs from stealing our players.

Next it will be Hourihane to Ludogrets

Think they'd be aiming higher than that

3 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

F*** Ben Mee.

Good luck to Big Wes, hope he gets himself back on track and into some form back at Brugge. I don't think he ever really had time to settle here.

I think it's a good opportunity for him. Some familiarity and first team football should be a massive help to get his career back on track. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Best of luck Wes, hopefully just the move to get you back on track.

This.

Good luck Wes. 

I'd have kept him around for this season as presumably both Ings and Watkins will start when fit so he'll be our first option if we need a goal and will get minutes.

But at the same time playing regularly at Brugges might give him some confidence and form to either come back to us or recoup some of that money we paid for him.

It's a damn shame Davis got injured as he'll be playing our backup striker role this season and is in desperate need of a loan spell himself.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

is it confirmed he is going?, or even in talks with Brugge?

Have Villa said it directly from the club website? No.

Is it being reported by a few journalists? Yes.

Not sure what confirmation really means, to be honest.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I'd have kept him around for this season as presumably both Ings and Watkins will start when fit so he'll be our first option if we need a goal and will get minutes.

But at the same time playing regularly at Brugges might give him some confidence and form to either come back to us or recoup some of that money we paid for him.

It's a damn shame Davis got injured as he'll be playing our backup striker role this season and is in desperate need of a loan spell himself.

Archer!!

Best of luck to him.

Personally I don't think he's good enough for us (I had this opinion even before the injury) but similar to Hourihane he can't be faulted for effort during his time here.

My prediction is he's played his last game for us and will move back permanently at the end of the season

Wtf is going on with Barrows badge?

A half submerged nuclear submarine, some sort of flying insect being impaled by an arrow, a rose and a football?

It's like the results of a potluck clip art generator.

• Like 1

Â