Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

6 hours ago, tezzaleed said:

**** me thats harsh.  there are some arseholes on this site but this thread takes the biscuit.  Wesley was ripping Burnley apart that match they had no way to deal with him and Ben mee just did him.   it was a glimpse of what could have been.  I would love him to regain his full fitness and be able to give 100% again.  Not saying he ever will.  I'm not stupid enough to think he was  world class but he was young and learning his trade and shown enough to suggest he could be a player.

Sorry? I made no reference to what was a disgusting challenge from Ben Mee, and I haven’t made a nasty remark about a player who I hoped could still be an asset for us, but at the very least can still have a career in football after a very bad injury.

All I’m making reference to is how I feel a good performance in the game leading up to his injury has been blown out of proportion over time IMO.

• Like 1

I hate it hasn't worked out for Big Wes here but good luck to him at his former club where he had so much success. Best case scenario is he tears it up there and comes back full of confidence and starts performing here like we thought he would or they get him back permanent. Win-win situation either way. Again, good luck to him.

Edited by Big Salad

Who is the fella that put that up on Twitter saying he’s going back to Brugge? Is he reliable?

Just asking because Twitter links/stories are usually laughed at on Villa Talk and people seem to have seen the link and 100% believed it to be true. Just wondering!

Yeah I know he wasn’t in the squad for last nights game, but it’s strange he came off the bench at the weekend against Newcastle.

If he does go out on loan I can only see that as the beginning of the end of his Villa career. Much like when Conor went on loan to Swansea last season.

Well it's very likely the end of his Villa career, because he's simply nowhere near the level of Watkins or ings, so to imagine him coming back to any kind of regular football is to imagine one of those players being either injured or sold and us not replacing them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gets to play Champions League as well if it goes through

All these players leaving us for the sodding champions league, it’s not even that good of a competition!

Edited by Tommo_b

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

1at goal in about 2 months against Burnley and he "was back" and "finally settled"

He wasn't. He had a good 45 minutes.

I'm sorry he got injured but he never looked even remotely close to the level technically physically mentally.

harsh IMO

thought it was his most complete performance in a villa shirt. we'll never know what would've happened if he hadn't been taken out

I can't see his injury having anything to do with his failings at Villa. 

He was never good enough before his injury and we would have bought Watkins regardless. 

He would find himself in the exact same position as he do now. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If Wes would have stayed fit, would we have splurged on a striker like Watkins or relied on Wes for that second season? 

We'll never know. If he had improved his form during the run-in, so he was scoring 1 in every 2 say, then maybe we would have persisted with him as first choice (though I think we'd have to have bought a striker regardless, given the lack of depth in the position). And it's tough to say it, and I'm sure not nice to think for Wesley, but his loss ended up being Villa's gain, because we were forced to buy a much, much better striker in Watkins instead. Maybe we'd have gone cheaper option if Wesley was fit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We'll never know. If he had improved his form during the run-in, so he was scoring 1 in every 2 say, then maybe we would have persisted with him as first choice (though I think we'd have to have bought a striker regardless, given the lack of depth in the position). And it's tough to say it, and I'm sure not nice to think for Wesley, but his loss ended up being Villa's gain, because we were forced to buy a much, much better striker in Watkins instead. Maybe we'd have gone cheaper option if Wesley was fit.

Its like the Samatta days have been brushed aside 😉

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well it's very likely the end of his Villa career, because he's simply nowhere near the level of Watkins or ings, so to imagine him coming back to any kind of regular football is to imagine one of those players being either injured or sold and us not replacing them. 

Yes the whole project with Wes now is to get him fit so we can try and recoup as much money as possible. Feel for him because so many players work so hard to get their opportunity at the big time. He got a taste but ultimatley he'll be gutted how its turned out. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I can't see his injury having anything to do with his failings at Villa. 

He was never good enough before his injury and we would have bought Watkins regardless. 

He would find himself in the exact same position as he do now. 

Its unfair to judge someone in  half a season's performance in a struggling side in your first season in the Premier League.

I just never thought we played him correctly as he seemed much more comfortable playing with 2 up front which Smith hasn't ever really done. Makes you wonder on the scouting.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

harsh IMO

thought it was his most complete performance in a villa shirt. we'll never know what would've happened if he hadn't been taken out

This is fair. I was never the biggest fan of Wes. I thought he was very poor in most aspects of his game. 

But, he may have improved given more time and it's a fair assessment that Burnley was his best game in a Villa shirt so who knows. I don't think we'll see him in a Villa shirt again. 

• Like 1

Â