Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

amazing how all the strikers bought in that summer have bombed in the premier league despite big prices and big expectations - Joelinton, Haller, Wesley....

Wow I'd actually forgotten Haller, he was so bad West Ham sold him even though that left them with 1 striker....

He needs to regains his rhythm and confidence and go out on loan as he won’t get many chances here so a good move for all.

Hope he makes it here after what happened to him.. his kneecap and tendons were all that were keeping his lower leg attached to the upper. You can see how far his leg stretched apart FFS…  Every ligament destroyed, severe cartilage, muscle & tissue trauma, all by a thugs recklessness. I do find it in poor form myself that some fans on here have turned on him, despite the facts and feel the need for hyperbole  and pre conceived entrenched views - give the lad a chance before writing him off completely. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Wow I'd actually forgotten Haller, he was so bad West Ham sold him even though that left them with 1 striker....

My stepdad is a West Ham fan. Haller looked unstoppable after a couple of games, then just seemes to  bomb. Seems crazy really for that money 

1 minute ago, one_ian_taylor said:

My stepdad is a West Ham fan. Haller looked unstoppable after a couple of games, then just seemes to  bomb. Seems crazy really for that money 

I just checked his stats, and he's done ok since joining Ajax. I guess he just wasn't suited to the hustle n bustle of the Prem..

23 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The guy literally played football for Aston Villa 2 days ago, so evidently the club feel differently to you. 

Mugged myself right off here.

Good luck big man. Hopefully he gets the minutes and the performances under his belt that he needs to either kick on here or elsewhere. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

pretty crazy how they paid 7 mil for Antonio who wasn't even brought in to be a striker and he is now their top scorer ever in the premier league, barely 6 years later! I remember a friendly we played against the hammers a couple of seasons ago in the pre season, think it was at walsall's stadium, i was thinking we need a player like Antonio for our first prem season back, someone who will give 100% effort

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He needs to regains his rhythm and confidence and go out on loan as he won’t get many chances here. A loan would be good for all.

Hope he makes it here after what happened to him.. his kneecap and tendons were all that were keeping his lower leg attached to the upper. You can see how far his leg stretched apart FFS…  Every ligament destroyed, severe cartilage, muscle & tissue trauma, all by a thugs recklessness. I do find it in poor form myself that l some fans on here have turned on him, despite the facts and feel the need for hyperbole  and pre conceived entrenched views - give the lad a chance.

I wish him well and feel awful for him re the injury but I think that injury has blinded fans a bit. He was awful before the injury other than one good game. He spends all his time whinging and diving and then immediately gets sent off on his return from injury.

No ill will and I really hope he can regain the momentum in his career but let’s be real. He isn’t, never was and was never going to be good enough and his attitude belongs in the Lescott era of villa. 

Sensible move all round really… hopefully he can return to us in much better shape and form… he’ll get games, which is the main requirement…

We are strong in attack with Ings and Watkins… Davis 3rd choice? 

Back to Brugge where he was liked/popular… bit of a shame, the lad is having to rebuild his career after such a terrible injury and because of a ridiculous excuse for a tackle…

Hope he lights it up and smashes in plenty of goals… good luck Wes…

• Like 1

I wish him luck but a terrible signing. 

Not his fault, he didn't choose for us to spend that amount, or to rely on him as our only striker. But it was a terrible decision. 

I can think of 3 games where he's looked a prem player. He's just not at this level and now after the injury I doubt he ever will. 

Hopefully we can recoup some of the fee for him next summer. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 3

Â