Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Because all his goals are either first time or on the turn. His weakness is his positioning so he doesn't reliably get in position to score often enough but when he is in those positions he is generally very good. 

I would disagree with your prognosis - but hey ho.

Being able to get into goalscoring positions is the hard part - not sure it's something you learn - you either do it or you don't.(within reason)

36 minutes ago, hippo said:

Being able to get into goalscoring positions is the hard part - not sure it's something you learn - you either do it or you don't.(within reason)

Well he used to be a cam for most of his life so he is learning. Luckily it is one of the few things you can learn whilst out with a leg injury. So hopefully that has improved. He just needs to more reliably be in goalscoring positions and Ince he has been involved in the build up play to charge into the box to try and get on the end of a ball in. 

22 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Well he used to be a cam for most of his life so he is learning. Luckily it is one of the few things you can learn whilst out with a leg injury. So hopefully that has improved. He just needs to more reliably be in goalscoring positions and Ince he has been involved in the build up play to charge into the box to try and get on the end of a ball in. 

Only 1 assist in 21 games.

If that is supposed to be a big part of his game he's doing a pretty bad job.

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It’s almost like he was playing up front alone in an unfamiliar system, in a new country, with a crap side.

No offence villalad21 but your ability to turn previous evidence into accurate forecasts hasn’t a great record.

• Like 3

We was starting to look the part until Ben Mee committed assault...

He will struggle to get ahead of Watkins - thats a given - but I reckon there is a player in there worth a run around...

Luiz came through eventually after getting used to the way Smith wanted him to play... Just took some time...

Unfortunately, Wes got clattered by a career-ruining sociopath

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Almost as if we didn't have runners in behind last season which is where most of his assists came from previously. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Except for Grealish and McGinn bombing forward

Not too bad players if i must say so myself

They weren't bombing forward. Mcginn stood like a statue 5 yards from wes when we had the ball marking both of them out of the game. When we didn't wes was by himself 90% of the time without another villa shirt within 20 yards.

And seriously how many times have you seen Jack running in behind the defense without the ball at his feet? For me I can't remember him ever doing that so maybe once or twice over 5 seasons.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

We was starting to look the part until Ben Mee committed assault...

I really don't want to be the guy who keeps coming into this thread to knock him, and I hope he makes it just as much as everyone else does, but to be clear, by 'starting to look the part' what was actually happening is that he was having his first adequate performance for about two and a half months.

• Like 1

On 01/12/2020 at 01:28, HanoiVillan said:

I really don't want to be the guy who keeps coming into this thread to knock him, and I hope he makes it just as much as everyone else does, but to be clear, by 'starting to look the part' what was actually happening is that he was having his first adequate performance for about two and a half months.

He was better than adequate in that game. 

• Like 2

On 30/11/2020 at 16:12, hippo said:

making runs derives from reading the game.....David Platt was a past master, like Martin Peters etc.

Its the intelligent runners that kill teams.....with Jacks delivery and possesion, if we have one, we would be in clover......I'm hoping Ollie or Ross turns out to be such a character.

Just recently started to train with a ball and to build up strength, not expected back until March according to Birmingham Live, whatever they know...

DEAN SMITH GIVES INJURY UPDATE ON WESLEY

Aston Villa striker Wesley has been sidelined with an anterior cruciate ligament injury since January but is on the recovery trail.

The club posted a video on Twitter showing the 23-year-old building up his fitness on the training ground, but manager Dean Smith isn’t getting carried away.

This week, he told Birmingham Live: “Wesley is starting to do some ball work and build up his strength.”

The Brazilian’s only outing in 2020 came in Villa’s 2-1 win over Burnley on New Year’s Day and resulted in him picking up that serious knee injury, so he’s going to be very short of match fitness when he eventually returns.

https://readastonvilla.com/2020/12/04/dean-smith-gives-wesley-injury-update/

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Which knee did he damage? If it's his left he stopped with weight on his left. If it's his right then he definitely pushed off his right hand side. So both positives in terms of his rehabilitation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Will genuinely be interesting to see if him and Ollie could play together sometimes.

Interchanging on the front lines, swapping between Second striker and CF etc.

What is this witchcraft of two strikers of which you speak

• Like 1

Â