Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Which knee did he damage? If it's his left he stopped with weight on his left. If it's his right then he definitely pushed off his right hand side. So both positives in terms of his rehabilitation.

He was left edge of the box when he was assaulted so it was his right knee. He pushed off it well but it will be lateral movements that will really test it, he'll still have to work up to them for a few more weeks I think

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Will genuinely be interesting to see if him and Ollie could play together sometimes.

Interchanging on the front lines, swapping between Second striker and CF etc.

I don't see a world where Smith tries this. Unless we're getting desperate and are throwing everything at the wall.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Video of him doing some sprint exercises on the clubs twitter

1st comment "he needs to do practices where he puts the ball in the net" 

8 out of the first 10 replies are negative 

Its a horrible platform for shit fans 

Yeah, that's really poor form.

On 01/12/2020 at 01:13, villalad21 said:

Only 1 assist in 21 games.

If that is supposed to be a big part of his game he's doing a pretty bad job.

That's a bit  unfair I can think of twice last season Trez should have finished from Wes's passes amongst others.

He frustrated me at times last season often coming to deep, but total clean slate for when he returns really wish him a speedy recovery and looking forward to some minutes from him but don't think we'll see the best of him until next season. Would actually like to see him coming on for Barkley rather than Watkins not convinced he an out and out CF.

We do need to remember he was late into the game so will behind similar aged fotballers and has some develpoing to do.

The sad reality is that it’s going to be incredibly difficult for Wesley to salvage his Aston Villa career. The noises being made indicate that it’ll be March, at the earliest, for a return to action. My uneducated guess is that I don’t think we’ll see very much at all of Wesley in the 1st team this season, because as long as Ollie Watkins is fit then he starts ahead of Wesley every time. By the time Wesley is back to full fitness it’d have been around 18months of missed football, and he was only just getting to grips with the demands of Premier League football before the injury. We’d all love for him to get back and hit the ground running, but I fear the injury may prove to have been incredibly bad timing for the bloke. 

• Like 2

On 06/12/2020 at 15:58, 7392craig said:

If he does fully recover from this injury, it’d be interesting if he could compete/ rotate Barkley’s role in the team.

He's a striker not a midfielder. The only position he'll be playing is number 9 IMO. 

• Like 1

I get this part and I agree re this season

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

The noises being made indicate that it’ll be March, at the earliest, for a return to action. My uneducated guess is that I don’t think we’ll see very much at all of Wesley in the 1st team this season, because as long as Ollie Watkins is fit then he starts ahead of Wesley every time. By the time Wesley is back to full fitness it’d have been around 18months of missed football, and he was only just getting to grips with the demands of Premier League football before the injury. 

But I dont understand this part

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

The sad reality is that it’s going to be incredibly difficult for Wesley to salvage his Aston Villa career. 

Why would his Villa career be over?  Having Ollie means Wes can take time to come back to full fitness by the end of the season and be prepared for next season.  Even if we buy another striker in the close season we still need three strikers in the squad if we are serious about moving up the league.  We also play with 3 forward players and may change formation in a game or two or even during a game depending on the circumstances that require two central strikers.  This is not even taking into consideration injuries, suspensions, loss of form, resting players and with all the games we play these days Wes will get his share next season and it's up to him to take his chance when he gets it. 

I think his career is far from over at Villa if he does recover from this injury.  It's not as if we have four top strikers in front of him.  We have just Ollie in that position as his natural position.  We may buy another striker as I have said but I bet you the Villa management will be giving Wes every chance if he does recover properly from the injury.  If he doesnt recover from injury then obviously it is a different story and he may have major setbacks, that part is unknown.  If he's fit though, at the moment he's our number two striker behind Ollie and who knows how and where he'll fit in if fit with Ollie.  There is no reason why Ollie and Wes cant play in the same team, in fact given their styles they might actually play really well in the same team.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He's a striker not a midfielder. The only position he'll be playing is number 9 IMO. 

Given his style he may be able to play other forward position(s).  I agree about the midfield position though.  I could see Jack, Ollie and Wes playing well together in those front three positions given their styles and positions they generally take up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

I get this part and I agree re this season

But I dont understand this part

Why would his Villa career be over?  Having Ollie means Wes can take time to come back to full fitness by the end of the season and be prepared for next season.  Even if we buy another striker in the close season we still need three strikers in the squad if we are serious about moving up the league.  We also play with 3 forward players and may change formation in a game or two or even during a game depending on the circumstances that require two central strikers.  This is not even taking into consideration injuries, suspensions, loss of form, resting players and with all the games we play these days Wes will get his share next season and it's up to him to take his chance when he gets it. 

I think his career is far from over at Villa if he does recover from this injury.  It's not as if we have four top strikers in front of him.  We have just Ollie in that position as his natural position.  We may buy another striker as I have said but I bet you the Villa management will be giving Wes every chance if he does recover properly from the injury.  If he doesnt recover from injury then obviously it is a different story and he may have major setbacks, that part is unknown.  If he's fit though, at the moment he's our number two striker behind Ollie and who knows how and where he'll fit in if fit with Ollie.  There is no reason why Ollie and Wes cant play in the same team, in fact given their styles they might actually play really well in the same team.

I can see your viewpoint but it would be over if we signed forward of calibre of Tammy Abraham next summer and you never know given we pulled out Barkley late last summer window so club is finally starting to learn of the proven quality you need to push into top half.

Anyway he comes in and he's number one striker away and Watkins probably moves a little wider while still remaining an excellent alternative option for the central role given he's done o.k so far.

DS so far has never been that fussed about having more than two senior striker options upfront for large chunks of the season so would put Wes in tricky position. Think ideally I'd loan him out start of next season perhaps up to January or even the season as he still has a few years of his contract left. See if he can get his confidence and form back up in a weaker league. And will also get his value up again if we decide then to cut our losses.

No guarentee he'll come back though to perform at highest level. As I've said before Kozak had a better goals to minutes ratio in 13/14 and he was completely done when he eventually came back 18 months later and Kodj was pretty much finished even in the championship when he returned so I'm not hopeful.

On 05/12/2020 at 19:30, villa4europe said:

Video of him doing some sprint exercises on the clubs twitter

1st comment "he needs to do practices where he puts the ball in the net" 

8 out of the first 10 replies are negative 

Its a horrible platform for shit fans 

Probably mainly blue noses.........I hope!

I’m sure Wes can become great for us. Hope to see him back soon.

On 09/12/2020 at 13:11, OxfordVillan said:

The sad reality is that it’s going to be incredibly difficult for Wesley to salvage his Aston Villa career. The noises being made indicate that it’ll be March, at the earliest, for a return to action. My uneducated guess is that I don’t think we’ll see very much at all of Wesley in the 1st team this season, because as long as Ollie Watkins is fit then he starts ahead of Wesley every time. By the time Wesley is back to full fitness it’d have been around 18months of missed football, and he was only just getting to grips with the demands of Premier League football before the injury. We’d all love for him to get back and hit the ground running, but I fear the injury may prove to have been incredibly bad timing for the bloke. 

Yep - that's sadly where its going. You never know there could be a twist of fate - but everything is against that IMO.

Â