dont_do_it_doug.

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Theres been loads of good Spanish players playing in England. I can’t believe you could only think of three and called them exceptions! 

Have a think mate. 

Yeah true there have been plenty when I think of it, De Gea, Fabregas, Mata etc, but still most of them went for loads of money to a top club. For clubs outside the top it's more difficult to find the gems without paying loads of money imo, as they get snapped up by the Spanish clubs before we find them. A bit the same with Italian players I'd say where Juve, AC Milan, Inter and Roma etc find the gems before we do.

• Like 1

Michu, Chico, Cazorla, Arteta, Monreal, Azpilicueta all went under the radar even if had Spanish caps and went to big teams

Guy Norwich signed was plucked from nowhere Buendia I think

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Michu, Chico, Cazorla, Arteta, Monreal, Azpilicueta all went under the radar even if had Spanish caps and went to big teams

I like Perez at Newcastle. Think he has done well.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Kind of proves my point, Cazorla is the best of that bunch imo, £20M to Arsenal in 2012, not very cheap. Arteta a good solid midfielder, went to Rangers for £8M 2002, which was fairly much at the time. Azpilicueta probably the exception moneywise as he was relatively cheap at £8M in 2012, but went to a top club in Chelsea. The others even in their prime I'm not sure I'd want to have. So for clubs outside the top 6 or so I'd say it's difficult to find the real gems in the Spanish (or Italian) players. Sure those clubs can find priceworthy players who either fill up the numbers at a lower cost compared to Brittish players of the same level, or players who can have a good season. But what I want if we are fishing in Spain are the players who have the potential to become real top players. I have confidence in Suso and the new recruting team though, so hopefully they will prove me wrong and find the gems, or simply pay a lot of money.

Anyway sliding away from Jota, very happy with him and for that price! I fully trust Smith's judgement and Jota has looked exciting the times I've seen him play.

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Searching Google for Guy Norwich, struggling to find a Spaniard. Must have really come from nowehere

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

And Anelka and Gary Cahill, they had some good players over the years! :D 

and Sasa Curcic, Okocha, Djorkaeff, Anelka, Diouf, Nakata played for Bolton at some point in their career.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2019 at 12:15, Brumerican said:

He plays with his head up, has typically Spanish technique , a good cross and shot, but you're never sure if you're watching him live or if  its a slow motion replay. 

So quite a bit like Grealish then.  

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

and Sasa Curcic, Okocha, Djorkaeff, Anelka, Diouf, Nakata played for Bolton at some point in their career.

Add Campo and Hierro. The middle aged galacticos. Ahh those were the days.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Don't forget the mighty Ibrahim Ba

Weird that we would be desperate to get Jota in for £2m in last years books but wait until June to start triggering clauses already in placed for Hause and Anwar. Particularly when they are for more money (£3m and £8m). 

Wonder if we are that close to the line on this year's FFP that we couldn't afford the others

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Weird that we would be desperate to get Jota in for £2m in last years books but wait until June to start triggering clauses already in placed for Hause and Anwar. Particularly when they are for more money (£3m and £8m). 

Wonder if we are that close to the line on this year's FFP that we couldn't afford the others

Gardner’s pay rise maybe. 

AEG was a lot less than £8m apparently too. 

Â