dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

2 years is a bit odd, I guess if he's good we could give him a new improved deal at the end of his first season. If he's not all that he won't be sticking around like McCormack and Richards for half a decade

Hopefully the plan is we have got a player known to DS - at not great expense - at a time when the squad needs numbers - in two years maybe the plan is we will have a decent squad by then - and by then Jota will have either produced the goods or if not £4m will be neither here or there - and we will be looking at much higher calibre replacements.

Right now we need bodies - in two years time we will only look at players better than we have.

2 year deal spot on for me.

Fact of the matter is, if he is playing that well then there is an outstanding chance that we as a club are competing nicely too, IE clear from relegation which is essentially more money in the bank the season after. 

That aside I'm sure we can offer an extension should we wish.

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Some people just struggle with languages I suppose. I was talking to a bloke on a plane a few years ago who lives in Italy with his wife, their both English originally, and she was fluent after living their for years, and he couldn’t manage more than the odd sentence.

Whereas your English is almost Dem-like

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Probably just wanked himself into oblivion at the thought of leaving them for us.

Well, he is probably delighted at not having to wipe his feet to go outside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Junxs said:

2 years is a bit odd, I guess if he's good we could give him a new improved deal at the end of his first season. If he's not all that he won't be sticking around like McCormack and Richards for half a decade

You’ve gone on to say exactly why this deal shouldn’t be considered odd.

Being able to offer Premier League football at a much bigger club, comfortably match his wage, chance to work for a manager who plays attractive football and has previously got him playing well in an area he won’t have to resettle, means Villa will have called the shots on this deal. It’s likely Jota will have wanted a 3 or 4 year contract but will have known it wasn’t his call.

Even if he does well, Villa can offer him another couple of years and we are big enough to keep this level of player, so I wouldn’t be too worried about losing him.

If it doesn’t work out after a season or two we’re not saddled with a waste of wages. Makes a lot of sense to me.

You see I was a Cub leader for many years and for me JOTA means Jamboree on the Air, so I can't hear his name without thinking of exceptionally dull conversations with "scouters" located thousands of miles away surrounded by exceptionally dull radio hams.

Think of CB radio but with any element of fun taken out.

I hope this Jota is more exciting.

So welcome José Ignacio Peleteiro Ramallo and 10/4 for a copy good buddy.

Welcome Jota/Yota/Hota/Zhota.

Superb value signing, miles better than any wide options we've owned for a few years. Great tricky winger to bring on if we're struggling to break teams down, I think that'll be his main role.

If he's starting for a run of games it'll be because he's playing very well, which will also be fine.

Good luck in Premier League football.

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Just for fun :) 

Gogogogogogoal

Someone needs to take that commentator round the back of the stand and put a bullet in his head. 

Â