dont_do_it_doug.

Anyway... I have doubts over his ability to play in the Premier League. Mostly because he hasn't before and he is a touch predictable. But when he's on, it won't make much difference. He's likely a solid squad addition.

Regardless Deano knows him, wants him, so I'm happy. Two year deal is spot on. Smart business. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ok pal. How good's your Spanish?

hows that relevant?, i haven't played football (or worked) professionally in Spain for 5 years?

If he struggles with the language, thats fine, no problem, i was merely observing that his english isnt great for someone who has been in the UK for 5 years. (allowing for that he did go back to Spain on loan a few times it seems)

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Anyway... I have doubts over his ability to play in the Premier League. Mostly because he hasn't before and he is a touch predictable. But when he's on, it won't make much difference. He's likely a solid squad addition.

Regardless Deano knows him, wants him, so I'm happy. Two year deal is spot on. Smart business. 

2 year deal means we aren't going to be in the shit if he doesn't work out.

Smith knows him, Jesus knows him, they must know what he's capable of, he's keen to work with Smith again. Even if he doesn't make it as a starter, the outlay for him and the fact we need another dozen bodies in makes this a great little first move of the summer for me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

hows that relevant?, i haven't played football (or worked) professionally in Spain for 5 years?

If he struggles with the language, thats fine, no problem, i was merely observing that his english isnt great for someone who has been in the UK for 5 years. (allowing for that he did go back to Spain on loan a few times it seems)

It's relevant because the bloke speaks multiple languages and your observation is that he doesn't do it very well. It sounds very little Englander. 

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Well he won't have learnt much English at the sty anyway

Indeed. Its like expecting somebody who has only ever driven Terrence the Tractor at Thomas land to compete with Lewis Hamilton.

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's relevant because the bloke speaks multiple languages and your observation is that he doesn't do it very well. It sounds very little Englander. 

I didnt say it was a problem, just an observation and meant half as a tongue in cheek joke (if still factual), as you say he is vastly more talented than me for speaking multiple languages, regardless of competence level, a genuine skill that i dont have, that i wish i did.

Your observation is quite an aspersion, and quite nasty to be honest.

I think i will leave this discussion here.

Edited by MaVilla

2 year deal is perfect, I doubt he is on a huge contract. If he is shit we can bin him off and if he is good we will give him another deal. Villa of old would have given him a 5 year deal and he be in the bomb squad and semi retired by the end of the season

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, romavillan said:

His english seems fine to me, in a pressure situation he was a bit nervous and the interviewer wasn't exactly throwing him much of a bone with the open ended questions...

He’s been at Birmingham City.  They grunt and make rude gestures at Blues so his English is bound to be rusty!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I didnt say it was a problem, just an observation and meant half as a tongue in cheek joke (if still factual), as you say he is vastly more talented than me for speaking multiple languages, regardless of competence level, a genuine skill that i dont have, that i wish i did.

Your observation is quite an aspersion, and quite nasty to be honest.

I think i will leave this discussion here.

Just be grateful you weren't in milkshaking range, Adolf.:lol:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

We got one of blues best players and got rid of Gardner.

It matters not how good he is :)

Disagree. If he’s just another who isn’t good enough for us what’s the point? 

Not that I am saying he isn’t good enough, I know very little about him, he’s done reasonably in the championship and Smith knows him so I hope he makes a good squad player at least.

Â