Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

(No offence Enda but) I disagree with the title of this thread... I think it should just be ‘2019/20 Season’ - all threads are premier league threads now as we’re a PL club. It makes it sound like this is our first ever season in the top flight and we’re not taking our coats off since we’re not planning on stopping.

• Like 2

We definitely now have a premier league quality squad, and we have a manager and coaching team who have demonstrated that they can get a new bunch of players playing sweet football quickly. We'll definitely get a hiding or two, but nothing like the season we went down. We'll benefit the premier league, we'll provide some entertainment, and we won't go back down. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Does Dion Dublin say Grealish is 6 ft 2?? 😂😂

Haha he's 6ft in the flesh, not including the hair. Still down as 5 ft 9 on most websites but that was when he was 17/18 years old.

• Thanks 1

The trouble finishing top 10 is that the top 6 are pretty much settled.

Then you have Wolves, Everton and Leicester which are somewhat better than the rest.  That takes up 9 spaces. 

We would then need to be better than ALL the other teams, including any team outperforming or having a lucky streak.

Its very very unlikely to finish top 10 as our highest achievable.

Whereas at the bottom, we could get a few bad results and it could snowball into a loss of confidence and we struggle to pick up points.  There is a possibility of finishing right at the bottom.

Whilst I feel optimistic that we will avoid relegation and finish 15th, I think it’s going to be a hard season for us with some bad patches where we will be desperate to even get a point.

I’ve got a feeling Everton are going to have a bad season and Wolves are going to dip a bit. 

We on other hand, are going to surprise everybody. At this point we have no idea what all our new players can do, so the opposition have got no hope of knowing either. By the time we know our best XI and other teams start to work us out, Deano’s going to drop some tactical wizardry, switch things up and the bamboozlement will continue. 

We’ll be pushing the top 6, then have a late season drop off and finish 9th. 

I have nothing whatsoever to base that on, other than shiny new players and blind optimism. 

22 hours ago, omariqy said:

Haha he's 6ft in the flesh, not including the hair. Still down as 5 ft 9 on most websites but that was when he was 17/18 years old.

That's wild. He looks exactly 5'9 on camera. If he's 6ft, then Tyrone has to be at least 6'5 and not the listed 6'3.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

That's wild. He looks exactly 5'9 on camera. If he's 6ft, then Tyrone has to be at least 6'5 and not the listed 6'3.

John Terry is 6 ft 2. There's not much difference. He's definitely 6 ft at least. Chelsea-transfer-news-Jack-Grealish-Aston-Villa-998442.jpg.5edfb2cf7cd8c43083f009a0fd4edd7d.jpg

Fans that think that we are going to finish in the top 8 are going to be in for a big shock.

Teams like Leicester, Wolves,Watford are different gravy when it comes to attacking play and scoring.

We will now tomorrow where we are in terms of quality. But I still think attacking wise need more. 

It’s all about Dean Smith. I remember watching my home town Walsall all those years ago and thinking why can’t Villa play like this. If the players replicate what he wants then we will have a better than expected season. 

Inevitably there will be dips. But the players really need to step up now. Tomorrow will be a good indicator of where we’re at in terms of quality. Leipzig are a decent team.

The charlton game gave me a few good looks at how they respond to pressure but tomorrow is going to be a proper test. Hopefully we can create a lot of chances if we do that throughout the season we’ll be in easy street.

Other teams can be technically better but if we out move (fitness, strength, speed) them we will compete.

I want the next week to go really fast!