Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

So where is all the coverage of the players going back for pre season training.  I understand they started on Monday?  I am sure they made a big deal of it last year.

Players back today.

19 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Realistically what teams are we looking to take points from?

Bournemouth,Brighton, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Norwich, Sheffield United, Watford??

Man. United and Arsenal finished in much worse form than many of those...

What I'd like to see is a strong home record from us. Even in the years we were finishing 6th it was pretty mediocre compared to the teams we were trying to finish above. I remember in that season Spurs just got 4th ahead of us they won something like 15 games at home, we won 8.

To be confident of staying up you need to accumulate around 30 points at home and then you only need 7-8 points away so something like 8 wins and 6 draws. Stoke used to always do it under Pulis and Burnley and Brighton also had very strong home seasons in the first year they were up.

VP for first few months will be 40k and bouncing, it will feel like run in/play off games. I don't see why we couldn't beat Bournemouth, draw with Everton and West Ham and then get at least 4 points from Burnley and Brighton games. That's our first 5 home games.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Bournemouth,Brighton, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Norwich, Sheffield United, Watford??

We have the ability to beat any Team. What Smith has to do is make consistent, and resilient.

If we play consistently to our best we will beat all sorts.

If we are resilient we will recover from defeats before they become long losing runs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Why do we show up for those where we can't take points? It's got to be everyone. That has to be our mentality. Take points from anyone and everyone.

If the culture within the team is that we are merely here to make up the numbers for any given game, by nature we play down a standard and limit our possible success.

Why train all week just to lose to Manchester City because the odds were against us anyway?

By that thinking, should we bother training for preparation for the games against the clubs with more financial clout? Or use that time to prepare for our rivals?

Every game must be an opportunity.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Oh man, all of the teams, particularly with the way we are set up.

I guess this might be our team at the moment if it features a DM, but we still need to sign one (or two maybe):

Steer

Guilbert                    Mings                                    Hause                     Targett

?  :s

Jota/Green            McGinn                                Grealish                   El Ghazi

Wesley                  

Edited by robby b

23 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Dingles, home and away. 😁

Huddersfield done it so why won’t we? 

• Like 1

On 07/07/2019 at 16:16, Reivax_Villa said:

Anyone put in front of us. Let's not fear anyone that includes bloody manure. Let's start beating them now they are not the team they once were

• Like 1

We are going into the season as complete unknowns to lot of people. A lot of fans of other teams only really know Terry and Grealish connected to the club. Some dont even know who are manager is 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, robby b said:

We're playing at Selhurst Park on 31st August. Roughly how soon will tickets go on sale for that game? 

About 20 minutes before they sell out

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

About 20 minutes before they sell out

Yikes! :s Sounds like a bit of a lottery. Selhurst Park's certainly a small stadium for the PL, I used to live just 100m from it, I could see it from my flat. I'll call the ticket office today anyway for some info.

Edited by robby b

Bruce to Newcastle! 🤣

Is Ashley deliberating trying to sabotage the club?! 

Honestly cannot fathom how any aspiring PL team would go for such a manager in this day and age...

Really hope we can take advantage of situations like this and push past these sides to avoid a relegation scrap. We could surprise a few people this season if we add some more quality to the side.

• Haha 1

West Ham signing Seb Haller for about 35m.

Think that's a terrific striker signing for them, he had excellent scoring record not just in Holland but Germany aswell.

Sort I'd have loved us to go for but guess we're 12 months away from making those sort of moves. I hope.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Bruce to Newcastle! 🤣

Is Ashley deliberating trying to sabotage the club?! 

Honestly cannot fathom how any aspiring PL team would go for such a manager in this day and age...

Really hope we can take advantage of situations like this and push past these sides to avoid a relegation scrap. We could surprise a few people this season if we add some more quality to the side.

I quite like Bruce (Although I wouldnt want him back). But even with my good will that would be a glorious trainwreck.

Please please make it happen :) From Benitize to Bruce. 

• Haha 1