Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Watching Man Ure v Chelsea right now I would say they are both miles behind Spurs, let one Liverpool and Citeh.  I really wouldn't fear playing either of them. 

22 minutes ago, Savo'sleftpeg said:

Chelsea are 4-0 down at man u, was yesterday's result so bad as some are making it out to be?, our defence looks a lot more assured than Chelsea's does atm tbh, I think we'll be alright once we have settled UTV 

Chelsea took the game to Man U and got caught on the break. I can’t beleive they lost that let alone by 4! 

The score doesn’t tell the whole story.

edit: who is saying yesterday’s score was bad? Nearly everyone is saying Villa were unlucky!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Chelsea took the game to Man U and got caught on the break. I can’t beleive they lost that let alone by 4! 

The score doesn’t tell the whole story.

edit: who is saying yesterday’s score was bad? Nearly everyone is saying Villa were unlucky!

Took the game to man u and got caught on the break, one way of losing a game, if you check the early comments on the spurs thread there's already a few niggles, that's all

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

There are 2 leagues as i see it.

League 1: Spurs, City and Pool. Games against these are near impossible

League 2: Rest of the league. All winnable

Spurs isn't impossible at all.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

After watching lots of football this weekend, there are really only a handful of teams we should really fear playing.

I feel we can be competitive in most games this year. 

Me too, watched pretty much everything and whole heartedly agree. Re watched our match and we really did do well, we need to spark up front, I think we will all be wanting an upgrade on ElGhazi, and Benrahma or similar next summer. That Augustin and Benrahma could yet happen in Jan.

Totally stoked for this season, we have so much more to come yet too.

Also another thing that I think skewed things a bit in our game yesterday was that we took an early lead and (understandably) immediately sat back trying to defend it. As others have said, from what we've seen this weekend I don't think we'll have many more fixtures tougher than the one we've just had.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I see 4 leagues. 

League 1 - Man City, Liverpool 

League 2 - Spurs, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea

League 3 - Everton, Leicester, Wolves, West Ham

League 4 - The Rest

Whilst games from league 2 and 3 are winnable. It will ultimately come down to beating those in league 4 in my opinion. All 6 pointers. 

My sentiments exactly. 

• Thanks 1

I don’t understand the Benrahma love in.  Benrahma is another championship player. He has been unsuccessful in the highest level in france. He has been knocking around in Ligue 2 . Yes he is a good player in the championship but the premier league is another level. Maupay is someone I would have gambled on but not Benrahma. Augustin would have been a good option.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

There are 2 leagues as i see it.

League 1: Spurs, City and Pool. Games against these are near impossible

League 2: Rest of the league. All winnable

Came here to post this. Other than the top 3, all the other teams are very beatable. This week's round of fixtures showed that the PL is faster paced, sure...but the quality isn't all that great. 

This league is pretty unforgiving and there certainly is no freebies. We would always have a soft touch or 2 to play in the championship to get us out of a hole. Have to absolutely on point to beat Bournemouth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Came here to post this. Other than the top 3, all the other teams are very beatable. This week's round of fixtures showed that the PL is faster paced, sure...but the quality isn't all that great. 

Except Man United, who will continue to spank us as per usual. The psychological edge they have over us seems unbreakable at this point.

• Like 1