Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

I didn't realise Amazon had done a deal for 20 live Premiership matches. The email just came through, bit of a bonus as I already have a Prime Account but I don't have any other pay TV packages 

Amazon agreed a £90million deal to start streaming top flight fixtures from next season. The three-year contract gives them the broadcast rights to 20 live games, spread over two rounds of fixtures.Below are all the matches that will be available on Prime Video.

December midweek games .The fixtures will be shown on 3, 4 & 5 December

• Arsenal vs Brighton
  • Burnley vs Man City
  • Chelsea vs Aston Villa
  • Crystal Palace vs Bournemouth
  • Leicester vs Watford
  • Liverpool vs Everton
  • Man United vs Tottenham
  • Sheffield United vs Newcastle
  • Southampton vs Norwich
  • Wolves vs West Ham

• Boxing Day game These will take place on 26 & 27 December
  • Aston Villa vs Norwich
  • Bournemouth vs Arsenal
  • Chelsea vs Southampton
  • Crystal Palace vs West Ham
  • Everton vs Burnley
  • Leicester vs Liverpool
  • Man United vs Newcastle
  • Sheffield United vs Watford
  • Tottenham vs Brighton
  • Wolves vs Man City

It's great to see the back of the Championship and look forward to next season, but part of me feels a little sad that the playoff final thread has disappeared from the main menu. 

• Like 1

Out of the away games I'm thinking of going to Brighton and Palace. Does anyone have an idea of what the starting price might be for a ticket for those two, more or less? I have to try to start saving up, starting from now !

Is this the current Villa Starting XI?

Image result for jed steer

Image result for frederic guilbertRelated imageImage result for james bree aston villaImage result for kortney hause

Image result for jonathan kodjia aston villaImage result for john mcginn aston villaImage result for conor hourihane aston villaImage result for jack grealish aston villaImage result for anwar el ghazi

Image result for wesley moraes

With Super Sub

Image result for jota aston villa

Wesley will need to change his kit but as you can see he's facing in the same direction as the badge and looks excited so my theory holds up.

Jota also needs to get a kit but leaning on the badge again proves my theory, I feel I don't have to promote this further.

We could have a tough time down the right wing if our new right back is a disembodied head.

Edited by 8pints
So, a couple of centre halves, defensive midfielder and a winger needed in my opinion.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Best part about all of this is no more Facebook/Instagram/Periscope streams of a drunk guy streaming AVTV yelling over the poor commentary. Nothing but sweet HD PL coverage and smooth streams await. 

Yes, I hated that Tony Daley commentary too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, I hated that Tony Daley commentary too. 

Almost missed Captain Jack for a second these past couple of years. The current commentary is incredibly bland and boring. I don't know why, but all in-house club commentators seem to sound like this...even the biggest clubs :lol: 

Is it just me or are a few of our rivals doing us a favour?

• Newcastle will be one of the favourites to go down now with Benitez gone. They're about to discover how much of a difference he made.
  • Graham Potter is a really interesting coach, but that Brighton squad is old and was tailored towards Hughton's percentage football. I think they sowed the seeds for relegation last year, by letting Hughton buy his own men. It feels very similar to the Bruce -> DS transition, at a much more unforgiving level of football.
  • Sheffield Utd have a great manager and did well last year, but everything about them screams relegation. Lack of resources, a style designed for the Championship... Billy Sharp is 33 now.

I think the recent thing about the PL being the big 6 and everyone else fighting relegation will change a bit next season. I could see 3 or 4 tiers of teams emerging quite early on in the season.

So it might be possible to avoid relegation just by staying ahead of 3 or 4 teams that have self-destructed, even if we struggle in most of our games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Is it just me or are a few of our rivals doing us a favour?

• Newcastle will be one of the favourites to go down now with Benitez gone. They're about to discover how much of a difference he made.
  • Graham Potter is a really interesting coach, but that Brighton squad is old and was tailored towards Hughton's percentage football. I think they sowed the seeds for relegation last year, by letting Hughton buy his own men. It feels very similar to the Bruce -> DS transition, at a much more unforgiving level of football.
  • Sheffield Utd have a great manager and did well last year, but everything about them screams relegation. Lack of resources, a style designed for the Championship... Billy Sharp is 33 now.

So it might be possible to avoid relegation just by staying ahead of 3 or 4 teams that have self-destructed, even if we struggle in most of our games.

I think thats the aim.   Need to keep collecting a few points here and there to stay ahead of 3 other teams. 

I can't see Newcastle falling that much though, they still have a decent enough team even without Benitez.  

Southampton have been the shit that wont flush for the past 2 seasons too

Burnley should be better with no EL distraction but them and Bournemouth weren't great last year and maybe getting stale

Norwich will depend on pukki's goals

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

I think thats the aim.   Need to keep collecting a few points here and there to stay ahead of 3 other teams. 

I can't see Newcastle falling that much though, they still have a decent enough team even without Benitez.  

Is it a decent squad, or has a top class manager brought the best out of them? He's turned Ciaran Clark into a much defender than the one I remember. Anyway, if you were one of Newcastle's better players, now would be the ideal time to escape to a more stable club before things go downhill?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Southampton have been the shit that wont flush for the past 2 seasons too

Burnley should be better with no EL distraction but them and Bournemouth weren't great last year and maybe getting stale

Norwich will depend on pukki's goals

I think Southampton will improve under a full pre-season under Hasenhüttl, but Palace are a club I think will be in the battle again. Especially if they continue to struggle to score goals.

• Like 2

Have they announced when players start pre season training yet?  I was just thinking it can't be that far away.  Wolves started yesterday apparently though our season finished later of course

On 25/06/2019 at 14:33, ender4 said:

Newcastle lost Rondon aswell don't forget. They had issues scoring goals and he provided double figures. Seems Ayoze Perez is unhappy with Benitez leaving also, he ended last season in brilliant form.

I think they could drop tbh. They stated last season poorly but Benitez is too good a manager to just sleepwalk a team to relegation over 38 games. If they appoint another Steve McClaren standard manager then it could happen.

Edit: McClaren had Wjanaldum and Sissoko as first choice midfielders (better than anything Newcastle have now) and he left them in bottom 3 so shows the dangers of appoint sub standard manager to squad low on morale.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

On 26/06/2019 at 01:18, Hornso said:

I think Southampton will improve under a full pre-season under Hasenhüttl, but Palace are a club I think will be in the battle again. Especially if they continue to struggle to score goals.

Palace attack is basically Zaha. They can't afford to lose him at all. It would be like when we lost Benteke. That said Woy is pretty good at this level of getting past 40 points comfortably but that would be big test of his abilities.

So where is all the coverage of the players going back for pre season training.  I understand they started on Monday?  I am sure they made a big deal of it last year.