Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Sessegnon, Trezeguet or Benrahma?

Sessegnon sounds more like us being chancers and having a crack at it than a genuine expectation of signing him.

I'd prefer Benrahma of the three for immediate impact, Sess would be the best long term investment but the least likely to join. Trezeguet is the one we'll end up with imo and if it's for £10m hard to argue even if he's the least exciting of the three.

Edited by HalfTimePost

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Good thing he left a decade ago then eh.........

Imagine if Vic Crowe had to do this rebuild.........

We’d have been fine with Vic. He started our original rebuild and brought us back up from the third division. I think we finished 8th first season in the 2nd. He was unlucky to get the boot, of course nobody moaned because his replacement did quite well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Yeah but when we "enquire" now it isnt tyre kicking fantasy and is usually followed by a Chinook lowering a ton of gold.

Love this, a chinook with an Egyptian and American flag on it

16 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Sessegnon, Trezeguet or Benrahma?

Sessegnon sounds more like us being chancers and having a crack at it than a genuine expectation of signing him.

I'd prefer Benrahma of the three for immediate impact, Sess would be the best long term investment but the least likely to join. Trezeguet is the one we'll end up with imo and if it's for £10m hard to argue even if he's the least exciting of the three.

LW: El-Ghazi / Sessegnon

RW: Benrahma / Jota

That would be absolutely unreal 🤩

28 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Think I also spotted a reference that we've had a "derisory" bid turned down for Heaton

A Sky reporter on twitter said we wouldn't go too much higher for a 33year old with 1 year left on Contract. Also said we had one further Keeper we were looking at, but wasn't clear who (I'm thinking someone other than Butland who looks to be too expensive?)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

LW: El-Ghazi / Sessegnon

RW: Benrahma / Jota

That would be absolutely unreal 🤩

Pure speculation on my part... but the criticism from Saints fans of Targett is that he lacked pace but was great at crossing.  Is this why the Sessegnon link has come about?

Left-hand side of Targett with Sessegnon ahead would negate the lack of pace r.e: Targett and they'd be fairly interchangeable if needed.

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

You haven't seen Watford, Leicester and wolves' first 11 then. Their players are a level up from ours. 

We will see whether they are or not this season?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Depends on Wesley getting goals

17th or top 10

And this is my only concern. Relying on a young, but obviously good, untested striker and an inconsistent Kodjia is potentially a real issue. I'm not nervous though as I've been so impressed with our dealings so far.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes.

Managed as in how many games he can play, how intense those games will be and how long he can play in them for.

Anyone else, I would say get them offloaded, however the pain barrier his risked his career for, to keep us solid grants him a sort of immunity card imo and he deserves to stick around even if he only offers us 10 games a season.

THANK YOU JAMES CHESTER. TRUE PROFESSIONAL.

Wholeheartedly agree, well said 👏 

Edited by 7392craig
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

So, we now have two Egyptians and two Brazilians. I think we should get another Jock to help McGinn with the language barrier...  

How about Alex McCleish to make the fry-ups? 

• Like 1

It was only last week that I was starting to get a little worried with our lack of signings just because we needed so many. Fair to say I'm not worrying anymore, we've gone into overdrive this week. 

• Like 2