Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

I think we are nearing the stage where we'd be interested in anyone who would improve the squad or first 11, now or for the future.

We're almost at the end of the 'need' to get the squad in place - signings now should result in "Hause ain't good enough" or "Get rid of El Ghazi, he's shit" in a summer of 2.
When we sell them to Bristol or Brentford for £20m. Or Leeds for £30m.

Bristol City won't ever have that kind of money.

Hope Webster looking on at this business wishing he could move here.

This investment and signings is all very reassuring, I think if we stay up we kick on big time, this is clearly the start of the project and assembling for 3 years ahead when this team will have matured. Still concerned about how far the PL has moved on and how well we will cope, we finished 5th in the Championship and was circling the gutter for 3 seasons before we dropped. Teams like Palace, Watford, Leicester have a head start and despite their unfashionable names, have PL experience have have paid much higher prices for players in previous windows than we have so far - we are only filling the thin squad with decent players, not top drawer ones just yet, out of necessity, had we had a decent team already we could be signing £50m plus players this window.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

According to Dave Jordan, on the Jonny Gould podcast, we can comfortably spend at least £124m on transfers (19:00) this season:

https://m.soundcloud.com/jonnygouldfootball/dave-jordan-yorkshireavfc-is-back-with-villas-new-premier-league-fortunes-revealed

I think we’ve spent about £97m so far.

It’s well a worth a listen anyway, very interesting with some info regarding FFP and more.

I wonder how much further business we are going to do...

That didn't include selling the stadium which we have done for £50m+, it was also based on very conservative constants, i.e. no player sales, finishing 20th, modest commercial retail sales, not selling 30,000 season tickets, no new negotiated club sponsor etc. I am sure the actual figure is now actually comfortably north of £150m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Where are all those people that were panicking about the lack of signings two weeks ago?! 

I am here. Still panicking about another Striker and Right Winger which is looking very light still. Nothing Maupay and Benrahma wouldn't ease though. An improved keeper would be nice to.

Incidentally, would be happy if we didn't get Philips now we have Luiz. He looks very comfortable there

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I am here. Still panicking about another Striker and Right Winger which is looking very light still. Nothing Maupay and Benrahma wouldn't ease though. An improved keeper would be nice to.

Incidentally, would be happy if we didn't get Philips now we have Luiz. He looks very comfortable there

Has Luiz been announced yet?

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

We're doing this in the right order: buy first, sell second. I expect a totally quiet deadline day this year, and glad of it. 

Me too, I'll be delighted if come deadline day I'm barely paying attention to what's going on, let alone stabbing the F5 key.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Got told a few weeks ago that we were also negotiating for a keeper from a European club as another option. Won't share a name as I read other clubs are in for him and we know journalists love to get their stories from VT. Hes a good player tho and I think he is 26 or 27 and I would be confident we wouldn't see many howlers from him if he signed. 

But would we see many howlers from him if he signed on a Wednesday?

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Bristol City won't ever have that kind of money.

Hope Webster looking on at this business wishing he could move here.

To be fair it’s not Webster’s fault, more like Bristol City should be looking on and thinking 'hmmm, maybe should have taken Villa’s offer' haha!

Maybe we were never in for Webster, I don't think it was even reported by any of the so called 'reliable' journalists. I thought we might sign Konsa from the beginning and so it turned out, obvious connection to make I guess.

Just now, useless said:

Maybe we were never in for Webster, I don't think it was even reported by any of the so called 'reliable' journalists. I thought we might sign Konsa from the beginning and so it turned out, obvious connection to make I guess.

I think Webster was touted in order to get Bournemouth to play ball with the Mings transfer